Gibson Brands Forums

Best Guitarist.....

Murph

Quick Reply for your neighbor kid.

Billy Joe can not play guitar. That's why the band hired the new guy' date=' Jason White.

Get it.

Real easy to figure out.[/quote']

How do I explain to him why they are such losers, while idiots keep buying their snotty garbage like it's "art"?

Hmmmmmmm?

I just think it's funny that Murph get so upset about Greenday. It controls him as if they have a great power over him. How can you let something like a band have such an affect on you ? Who cares ? Get over it Murph your giving them control over your emotions. [biggrin]

I just think it's funny that Murph get so upset about Greenday. It controls him as if they have a great power over him. How can you let something like a band have such an affect on you ? Who cares ? Get over it Murph your giving them control over your emotions. [thumbup]

Didn't you hear? He auditioned for guitarist and they picked that boy over him [biggrin]

I'm on a mission.........

I have a neighbor kid that says the idiot can play guitar.

I'm counting on you guys........

1. Billy Joe can't play guitar

2. Green Day has no talent. They have been playing the same song since they started.

3. Murph, you're arguing with a kid. Kids are dumb. I used to be one (never like GD) and I have 2. Let it go.

Murph, you gotta chill out. Is he an amazing guitarist? No, but he is "The Kind of Power Chords" because that's all he plays. Green Day is very influential on my generation. I listened to a ton of their stuff, and they are what got me into playing guitar. He has a lot of ideas musically, and does a pretty good job of getting songs out there.

Just sayin' man, just cuz they aren't your cup o' tea, some people like them. You are getting consumed by them, just chill.

NOTE* He plays a LP Junior, some really nice ones, give the guy a break [smile]

Murph' date=' you gotta chill out. Is he an amazing guitarist? No, but he is "The Kind of Power Chords" because that's all he plays. [b']Green Day is very influential on my generation. I listened to a ton of their stuff, and they are what got me into playing guitar. He has a lot of ideas musically, and does a pretty good job of getting songs out there.

Just sayin' man, just cuz they aren't your cup o' tea, some people like them. You are getting consumed by them, just chill.

NOTE* He plays a LP Junior, some really nice ones, give the guy a break [blink]

I feel sorry for your generation...more your age group. Wait what year were you born? Generations are supposedly defined by certain milestones...i.e. WW2, Alive for death of Kennedy, I forget the name of the Space shuttle that exploded after launch in the 80s, 9/11 or Baby boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Milennials... I'm not trying to be condescending, Fred. I was 13 when Dookie came out but I knew a P.O.S. when I heard one.

But if he inspired you to pick up a guitar instead of a video game control or something bad, then that's fine by me. At least you recognize the level of "talent" he possesses. Cheers.

I feel sorry for your generation...more your age group. Wait what year were you born? Generations are supposedly defined by certain milestones...i.e. WW2' date=' Alive for death of Kennedy, I forget the name of the Space shuttle that exploded after launch in the 80s, 9/11 or Baby boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Milennials... I'm not trying to be condescending, Fred. I was 13 when Dookie came out but I knew a P.O.S. when I heard one.

But if he inspired you to pick up a guitar instead of a video game control or something bad, then that's fine by me. At least you recognize the level of "talent" he possesses. Cheers.[/quote']

I do too. They call my generation "Generation Text". I don't know what inspired it, but I guess it is a generation. I was born in 1992.

I didn't like Dookie either, it was what the name implied #-o My generation is very sad and it disappoints me all the time. I heard Green Day, and I liked what I heard, and what it was, was stuff that I could play very easily. I was shown the chords to some Green Day song at the SamAsh where I tried the guitar out, and it gave me a taste of success.

He isn't much of a player. I don't get the people that say he's a great guitarist. Listen to his solos and you will see what I mean.

I don't get all the hate that they get though, they have been extremely influential [drool]

The guy is a complete hack and represents all that is wrong with today's mainstream music.

Really? Green Day or some rap "love song"?

Green Day or Miley Cyrus?

Green Day or Lady Gaga?

HE is what is wrong with mainstream music?

Nevermind' date=' I got you.... You like Buckethead. You are used to being wrong...[blush

Archived