Gibson Brands Forums

Take 2:43 minutes and ......

Gilliangirl

Simply Red.....hmmm...............

Certainly one of my least favourite bands of the 80s, despite my school/university girlfriend's cousin being their saxophonist - that's as close as it get with me in the claim to fame stakes.

However................I cannot deny Mick Hucknall has an incredible voice and is a gifted songwriter. Not my cup of tea maybe but, would I like to have his talent?

GG, you're spot on about the tone on his guitar. Great post.

This is one of the reasons I love this place. Makes you question your opinions/judgements and helps you just appreciate the good stuff around.

Thanks Karen.

Simply Red.....hmmm...............

Certainly one of my least favourite bands of the 80s' date=' despite my school/university girlfriend's cousin being their saxophonist - that's as close as it get with me in the claim to fame stakes.

However................I cannot deny Mick Hucknall has an incredible voice and is a gifted songwriter. Not my cup of tea maybe but, would I like to have his talent?

GG, you're spot on about the tone on his guitar. Great post.

This is one of the reasons I love this place. Makes you question your opinions/judgements and helps you just appreciate the good stuff around.

Thanks Karen.[/quote']

I was never a huge Simple Red fan either AJ but I stumbled across this video somehow. You know how it is on YouTube.... you start watching one thing and that leads to something else and THAT leads to something else, etc. I sure love the tone of that guitar, especially when he draws out those strums..... oooooh, gorgeous.

Archived