Gibson Brands Forums

Calling All St. Louis Area Members.

L5Larry

There seems to be quite a contingent of members here from the St. Louis Area, 7 that I have noticed.

Since the bands (jazz and blues) I work in play around the St. Louis area, would any of you be interested in being on our e-mail mailing list. If so, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

The next thing concert I have coming up is Wednesday, March 10, at the Black Cat Theatre in Maplewood. This is a show with the 20-piece jazz big band. This band also has concerts coming up at a couple of the area colleges, UMSL and Meramec.

Let me know, it wood be fun to meet some of the locals.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had only one St. Louis member sign up for our mailing list (thanks LPguitarman), so I guess I'll post the concert details here. If anyone in the St. Louis area wants to here some hot jazz from a 20-piece big band, here's the where and when.

Meramec Jazz Lab Band, Bob Boedges Director

Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 8;00 p.m.

Black Cat Theatre

2810 Sutton Ave.

Maplewood, MO 63143

314-781-8300

This 20-piece "Big Band" will be in concert this coming Wednesday, March 10th, at the Black Cat Theatre in Maplewood, 8:00 p.m. The Black Cat is a "cabaret" style theater (table seating), with full bar and plenty of free parking. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for kids and students, and all proceeds go to help offset the operating costs of the Black Cat. This "community" theater is really working to bring plays, concerts, childrens programs, dancers, comedians, and all kinds of great entertainment, workshops and artistic opportunities to our area. Let's give them some support.

http://www.blackcattheatre.org/Special_Events.html

Come on out for some great music, and be sure to introduce yourself at intermission or after the show.

Archived