Gibson Brands Forums

VOX Night Train

Silenced Fred

If you got 'em, how do you like em?

I've been playing them in stores, and am thinking about getting one. The sound is pretty sweet.

How do they sound cranked up? And also, how do they sound with the matching cabinet? Nobody near me has the matching cab.

Also, is it true you can footswitch the bright and the other channel?

The Night Train is awesome!

Cranked up, it sounds HUGE.

There is way more gain on tap on the NT than on an ac30 or ac15.

I have only played it through a similar 1x12 Bogner cabinet.

As far as I know, the "channels" are NOT footswitchable.

I was going to get one but opted for the ac30 because it has reverb, trem, two channels, more tubes, cost less, and just seemed better suited to me.

The Night Train is SWEET though and I recommend it. It has really great tone.

Buy it used!

Yeah, I've played through 'em and dig it. I'm just wondering what they sound like through the matching cab and how they hold up and how they are cranked. In the stores, they flip on me if I dare disturb the "shredders" with the cheapy BC Rich and Line 6 amp... [biggrin]

I like it especially with a Sheraton. It sounded sweet because you really do have a nice range on it

It's a great little amp built like a tank and the matching cab is also really solid and has great tone. As far as cranked up it's a 1x12 so ???

It compares very favorably with the other small tube amps out there I like the Egnater a little more but it's close and as for tone it's a Vox doesn't get much better than that.

It's louder than I want it to be for home use, if I need to go loud I have a Slo100

IMG_0440.jpg

It's a great little amp built like a tank and the matching cab is also really solid and has great tone. As far as cranked up it's a 1x12 so ???

It compares very favorably with the other small tube amps out there I like the Egnater a little more but it's close and as for tone it's a Vox doesn't get much better than that.

It's louder than I want it to be for home use' date=' if I need to go loud I have a Slo100[/quote']

Thanks. I would use it for playing out, at small practices and the sort. Just jammin' with friends, whatever.

I'm hopin', with my birthday coming up, my parents will indulge me for my 18th birthday [confused]

IMO, the cab doesent do the head justice, the head is pretty sweet, from cleanish to megga 70s rock to too much gain for any useful application, plenty of volume, but i really dont like the cab that comes with it, so we plugged into a marshall 4x12, and it rocks!

I would recommend buying it with a better cab, because it is a awesome little head

IMO' date=' the cab doesent do the head justice, the head is pretty sweet, from cleanish to megga 70s rock to too much gain for any useful application, plenty of volume, but i really dont like the cab that comes with it, so we plugged into a marshall 4x12, and it rocks!

I would recommend buying it with a better cab, because it is a awesome little head[/quote']

What size cab would you recommend? And any models in particular?

It will run any cabinet you want weather it's a 1x12, 2x10, 2x12, 4x10, 4x12, 1x15, 2x15 as long as you match impedance up correct and use the right wattage of speaker the Night Train will drive any configuration.

It will run any cabinet you want weather it's a 1x12' date=' 2x10, 2x12, 4x10, 4x12, 1x15, 2x15 as long as you match impedance up correct and use the right wattage of speaker the Night Train will drive any configuration. [/quote']

Yeah, I know, but I was asking, since jesse said he didn't like the stock cabinet, if there were any others that people liked particularly

retro' date='

how do you find the 609?

Do you have any good quality flat eq'd clips? Would really like to hear some. Is it better suited for close micing,which is what it seems to be designed for. How is it ambience wise?[/quote']

On the Egnater cabinet.

Yeah' date=' I know, but I was asking, since jesse said he didn't like the stock cabinet, if there were any others that people liked particularly [/quote']

I have a 1x12 avatar speaker cabinet myself.

Archived