Gibson Brands Forums

Modded SG pics!!! Post 'em here.

outforblood

I'll start...

My lightly modded 2006 SG Special Ebony with a Bill Lawrence 500xl in the bridge (I bet I'm the only that has a BL in a SG) and a 57 Classic in the neck. Awesome combo.

Thinking about getting a black or silver diamond plate pickguard for it...

sg007.jpg

sg006.jpg

sg012.jpg

DSCN2205.jpg

2005 61 ri, stock with the 57's at the bridge and neck, dimarzio dualsound at the bidge

standard switch positions, with middle pickup on/off and 3 way pickup select for the dimarzio, from single coil, parallel humbucking and opposite

cut out and buffed all the copper pieces, (figured copper would wear fast like the nickel and give cool effect which it is)

and cut the pick guard and piece above neck pickup out of cocobolo

plays like a dream

002-61.jpg

001-59.jpg

Its a 2007 SG Faded, very nice guitar, i removed the original pickups and placed a 490R (neck) en a 498T(bridge) from an ol Gibson LP build in 1990.

removerd the original knobs for volume and tone and placed vintage tone and volume knobs.

Stoptail removed and I mounted a Schaller T-O-Mtrem wich works very good!

• 9 months later...

1998 SG-I, basically it's like am SG-X now. It started out as one of those strange Tommy Hilfiger ones, a purple-ish-dark-blue with the TH logo. Stripped, sanded and refinished it (originally wanted it to be TV Yellow, but went with something closer to a faded Classic White.) Added a MOTO pickguard and a chrome pickup surround, as well as a badass-style bridge pulled from a BC Rich. Left the electronics stock, that 500T sounds great and the coil split is a nice option.

post-6630-007705500 1293119666_thumb.jpg

Mod specs on my 1976 SG Standard:

•  
  • Tuners are stock Gibson branded Schallers w/ vintage Grover 'Bean' nickel buttons. Buttons fit perfectly, no mods.
  • Stock frets & nut.
  • Pickups are Gibson Pat. Number Stickered T-Tops from mid-60s (I'm told). Original mounting plates have the sticker, but the legs were cut off and both had too short leads (2" & 4"). New Mojo plates and new leads. New (aged) nickel covers. Measure 7.47K neck, 7.51K bridge.
  • RS Guitarworks 500K pots, vintage Sprague Bumble Bees .022uF.
  • Control knobs from a 1971 Gibson ES-175.
  • Callaham ABR-1 & conversion studs, aged.
  • TonePros locking studs, aluminum stop bar, aged.
  • All else is stock.
  • Stock parts in the OHSC.

DSC_0558.jpgDSC_0559.jpg

my Gibson 2010 standard with maestro cover ,tp 6 stop bar, point markers on volume and tone and soon there's gonna be Bare knuckle Riff Raff pickups. Gonna have the maestro cover ingraved with something , not sure what it's gonna be yet. The work isn't flawless, gonna maybe try do it better later and take some better picktures of it0022.jpg003.jpg

Sunrise Orange SG Special Ltd. edition for Guitar Center (I know. Try to contain your excitement). Brushed chrome hardware is original. Additions

- the bridge pickup is a Gibson 57 plus

- black speed knobs for volume controls because I could not find silver ones

- you cannot see, but tuners are Sperzel locking tuners

- added Bigsby B5

- Captain America patch

l_4f1ccf2733f44e3399628dccbc59368c.jpg

Archived