Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of my Les Paul Classic 1960 Reissue :)

Puki

Yeah, nice guitar.

Congrats!

:-$

I got one too, put BB Pros in it.

Nice top and all (it's a Classic Plus) except for the vandalism....

4141999064_6a8758337e.jpg

Oh, and a word to the wise...

The Classic is NOT a 1960 reissue per se;

They stuck the 1960 pickguard on them to set it apart from all the Standards because that used to be the only

way to get a '60 Slim Taper neck on a Les Paul until about 2002.

The guys who spent the bucks on the real deal 1960 reissue will slam you down hard if you make that mistake...

[cool]

Thanks [cool]

by the way the pickups are now a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck and Gibson Angus Young Signature humbucker in the bridge.

Neo, I think that vandalism is worth it, it's fxxxing joe perry's signature! :-$

Nice axe. I love the slim necks too.

I've even gotten the hang of the ceramic p'ups (not that you have them any more!).

Play away!

A couple of points of trivia from points raised;

The early '1960 Classics' did come with the ABR-1 and un-aged inlays but the specs changed over the years and they ended up with the Nashville bridge and the light green traps.

The 1960 reissue proper became available (I'm pretty sure) in about 1993. Mine is a '95.

Great Guitar, Puki! Congratulations... ;>)

I too, have a "Classic!" It's only had 2 mods, so far. TRC ('59), and a Standard Pickguard (without the 1960 lettering).

I may (or, may not) change the pickups. I enjoy them, as they are...but, really like the old "Bloomfield, & early Clapton"

tone...So I may go with '57's or Burst Buckers, at some point. No hurry, though. Mine was made with the wider binding

in the cutaway, and supplied with the ABR bridge...Stock. My "Honeyburst" Honey...below.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

CB

It's only had 2 mods' date=' so far. TRC ('59), and a Standard Pickguard (without the 1960 lettering).[/quote']

Did it come with covered p'ups? :-k

As we're posting snaps may I?

Hope you don't mind.

Here's my recently bought '95 Classic Premium Plus.

NewClassic.jpg

Did it come with covered p'ups? :-k

As we're posting snaps may I?

Hope you don't mind.

Here's my recently bought '95 Classic Premium Plus.

NewClassic.jpg

Uh...yeah, it did! The dealer did that, apparently. He offered to take them off,

If I really wanted that. I told him, that I liked covered pickups. So, we left them.

CB

Uh...yeah' date=' it did! The dealer did that, apparently. He offered to take them off,

If I really wanted that. I told him, that I liked covered pickups. So, we left them.CB[/quote']

Well; I've two of the darlings and they both wear covers as well.

I prefer the look, to be frank; and the minor supression of the highest frequencies is a big plus IMHO!

My first I covered up and the second had some Seymour Duncans swapped in.

(P.S. I've always loved your Classic's figure, CB.)

Archived