Gibson Brands Forums

Not sure about strap locks? Watch this!

bullet22

you can see how it was flipped over around the button before it went. Just get the strap locks and forget about problems... well of course you have to make sure your strap button is in correctly and that you have the nut /washer on tight (depending on brand of locks)

at least it wasn't an expensive guitar lol.

haha wow i almost thought it was a real lester at first

and i could see the strap just waiting to fall off the whole time, the suspense was killing me

what is it about some people not understanding how to use a strap correctly?, i never had a problem, but ive seen many people struggle haha

Some years ago I watched as a mate droped his 73 Custom. He had the schaller strap locks but the lock (the U shaped bit) on the neck side was upside down. He was hammering away, one foot on the wah wah when..... CRASH!! headstock hit floor. We couldn't speak.

The moral, if you're gonna use strap locks, make sure they're on!

Yes - I am laughing at someone dropping their axe. Sue me.

He has it coming.

Dumbfxcker.

And this guy is so far up his own *** that he thinks that's worthy of recording?

Well, he's right - it WAS!!! - to serve as a lesson, even a deterrent to other dumbfxckers out there...

Some years ago I watched as a mate droped his 73 Custom. He had the schaller strap locks but the lock (the U shaped bit) on the neck side was upside down. He was hammering away' date=' one foot on the wah wah when..... CRASH!! headstock hit floor. We couldn't speak.

[/quote']

Humpy, it took me a moment to realize that you're new here--and by that I mean that this is a great first post. Informative, insightful, entertaining and full to the brim with experience and wisdom.

Welcome to the Gibson Forums, pal. I hope we see more posts like this. [blink]

I was thinking "That's a nice LP Classic"... then I saw the Dot Inlays and was like WTF?

The he turned it round and it was a bolt-on. And all was revealed.

Rushview, what's that wonderful thing in your avatar? special edition or custom shop? got any more pics?

Some years ago I watched as a mate droped his 73 Custom. He had the schaller strap locks but the lock (the U shaped bit) on the neck side was upside down. He was hammering away' date=' one foot on the wah wah when..... CRASH!! headstock hit floor. We couldn't speak.

[/quote']

+1

Archived