Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior Club

truetone6

Hey thanks man! No, im not in Nelson, i'm in Hamilton, but they told me that its coming from Nelson, so the one in nelson is the one im getting! have you seen it? did it look nice? :) Hope your son loves his junior, i'm really excited to get mine! we will definitely compare notes when they arrive, it arrives in hamilton on the 5th of jan for me to play and try out, but i'll be getting it sometime in late january because of the lay-buy arrangement.. [thumbup]

hey there, we are in ChCh and he got his yesterday, I dont play (too old and impatient to learn), sorry I haven't seen it but I am sure its very nice, we saw it on the Rockshop site(no photo) and he definitely wanted it, we had already got our local Music planet store to look into getting one in for us so we felt obliged to buy from there. They always give us a really good deal and got this vintage satin one in from the Gibson distributor in Melbourne. They sourced his G400 from there last year or the year before and the Gibson only took a week to come in from Aussie and then it arrived ex Auckland yesterday. We had some Schaller strap locks fitted today, he loves it and it sounds great. I will get him to add some comments in the next few days, look forward to some photos of yours when it arrives,have a good Christmas and we will talk soon,

regards,

Tim

hey there, we are in ChCh and he got his yesterday, I dont play (too old and impatient to learn), sorry I haven't seen it but I am sure its very nice, we saw it on the Rockshop site(no photo) and he definitely wanted it, we had already got our local Music planet store to look into getting one in for us so we felt obliged to buy from there. They always give us a really good deal and got this vintage satin one in from the Gibson distributor in Melbourne. They sourced his G400 from there last year or the year before and the Gibson only took a week to come in from Aussie and then it arrived ex Auckland yesterday. We had some Schaller strap locks fitted today, he loves it and it sounds great. I will get him to add some comments in the next few days, look forward to some photos of yours when it arrives,have a good Christmas and we will talk soon,

regards,

Tim

Your sons junior looks like a beauty! Glad he likes it! great to hear that it sounds great, does there appear to be any quality control problems that cheaper gibsons are notorious for? seeing pictures of yours has made me question my colour choice a little bit, that sunburst really looks stunning! i definitely will post some photos when mine arrives. merry christmas tim, hope you and your family have had a great one! :)

thanks,

Logan.

Your sons junior looks like a beauty! Glad he likes it! great to hear that it sounds great, does there appear to be any quality control problems that cheaper gibsons are notorious for? seeing pictures of yours has made me question my colour choice a little bit, that sunburst really looks stunning! i definitely will post some photos when mine arrives. merry christmas tim, hope you and your family have had a great one! :)

thanks,

Logan.

Hi Logan,

as far as quality goes it is pretty good, I have seen some juniors in stores which have visible glue lines along the the fretboard (just where the fretboard is joined to the neck) but this one is is very good. Don't question your decision on the Yellow, my sons guitar already has a very minor scuff mark on the bottom of the body next to the socket. This is not major although it is to him, its just the nitro finish which I believe is very soft. I would expect your colour will be harder wearing for sure and have not doubt they look fantastic in that colour. He is going to try to put up a video on Utube as he was given a wah pedal for Christmas (the guitar was his gift to himself). The only hassle we have now is the case, the gig bag it came with is very tight and we bought a cheap Stagg case from our store but this is beginning to show signs of falling to bits. I think I will take it back on Wednesday when they reopen. It was the only case they had instore that it would fit into properly, I think we will go back to the Rockshop (closed agin due to the aftershocks yesterday!)as they have a good selection of cases(We are NOT spending $500 on a Gibson case ).I can imagine how you must be itching to get yours,keep in touch Logan,

Regards,

Tim

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have GAS to buy Junior...just found new unplayed one for sale 700$ in europe, it`s reissue JR 1958 Satin Vintage Sunburst.

I`d like to hear some opinions from players who uses fender amps...how does it sound?

I noticed from pics that eljay has Blues Beluxe...

As fender is typically "bright" amp, how well the guitar tone pot works, does it give smooth control without "eating" the sound?

I got Twin 1994, and I just cant try the guitar before my decision as it located in middle europe...good for rock, blues and slide?

Any experiences/opinions will be highly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I figured I would chime in on the matter and share a bit of my Junior. She is a 2006 Gibson Les Paul Junior with a tone pros stop bar and tail piece instead of the wrap around bridge, grover machine heads, and a TKL case. also schaller strap locks... her name is "Leslie". Lemme know what you think of her.. i am thinking about putting a OC Duff P90 in her that is like a 54-55 Junior p90.

post-33881-083172100 1308182235_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's mine...

A very rare 1993 Custom Shop Limited Edition (#59 of 300), Les Paul Special Double Cut.

She plays like butter and is much more than a "one-trick pony". I can get amazingly clear jazz tones from her, fun spanky funk, and, of course, the famous snarly growl. She's great for giving a thick rhythm, but can definitely sing and scream for lead!! Lately, I've been using her for slide.

The great thing about the double cut version is that you can get all the way up the neck much the same as with an SG. But unlike SGs that tend to have wider necks and thinner bodies, my Special has the Les Paul 1960 style neck and a very thick body. This translates into a guitar that isn't prone to neck dives.

Mine is a gloss Heritage Cherry with dual P90s. I completely agree that you do not have all of the sounds in the world until you've got a P90 Junior in your arsenal. With so many people swinging the more common Les Pauls, people look up and take notice when you play a Junior.

post-7390-024305700 1321552724_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new to LP Jrs. I have several LPs (2 customs, 2 limiteds, 1 special, 1 classic and 3 standards). I'm looking at a 1956 LP Jr. The serial number looks accurate except that it was stamped in dark colored ink. All of the others I've seen during my research show the serial number stamped in light colored ink.

Does anyone know if some of the '56 LP Jrs were stamped with dark ink?

Attaching a photo of my Gibsons...the only one not in the photo is a SG Classic that I keep at work.

Thanks!!

post-40844-022606900 1363980432_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...