Gibson Brands Forums

Where is it possible to buy a vine model??

Doughrf

Hellow everyone here in the forum. My name is Douglas and I´m a musician from Brazil. I own a Gibson Blues king ec30 and its the best guitar i´ve ever played. But looking up in the net I discovered the vine models...And I immediately fell in love with all the inlay and everything. I now that gibson discontinued the j-45 vine and the sj-200 vine, but where could I look for a model like the ones i mentioned? If any of u here in the forum have any info about it, please tell me. And it doesn´t matter if it´s a used one. I´ll be in Vegas and New york in december 2010, so ´til there i hope i can bring to Brazil one of these beauties.

Tks for all the help.

From Gibson's list of authorized dealers -

There are two Guitar Center in Vegas

215 Las Vegas Blvd. Town Square Mall Las Vegas, NV 89121

Guitar Center Store 123 8621 Charleston Blvd., Ste 110 Las Vegas, NV 89117

And one in Brooklyn (a borough of New York City)

Guitar Center Store #818 139 Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11217

GC carries a J-185 Vine. You could call GC and have one waiting for you to check out.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-J-185-Custom-Vine-Acoustic-Guitar-518940-i1150293.gc

There's also a Sam Ash, in both cities, but they don't have the Vine in stock.

There's Manny's Music and Rudy's Music in New York, but you've got to call them to get stock info.

And there's a gorgeous 2007 J-45 Vine (Rosewood B/S) listed as brand new on ebay with good pictures -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Custom-Shop-J-45-Vine-Rosewood-Acoustic-Guitar_W0QQitemZ330411134977QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item4cee09d001

He's shipping international but doesn't list Brazil. You could contact him, maybe he'll ship for you.

Good luck! [cool]

45vine001.jpg

Willcutt's Guitars in northern KY did have a J-185 Maple "Custom Shop" Vine a while back (last time I was through there). Anyway, if you call them ask for a dude named Will.

http://www.willcuttguitars.com/

Their website ain't the greatest but they have many more guitars than they have listed... MANY more!

Ask them about their original Gibson strings too. They had a load of them on the wall but I'm no expert on Gibson strings.

I eventually chose this J-45 Vine over the J-185 but it was a very difficult decision!

j45dad2.jpg

RASHARU -

You've been hiding that beauty in your avatar for too long. Whoa! (I'm a sucker for bling) Exceptional. [lol]

Got any more pics of her?

Thank you' date=' Mr.Big

I have to admit that I first bought this guitar simply for it's "coolness" & WOW factor. I honestly wasn't expecting much "performance" wise from it because I had always been a fingerstyle (classical) player. After I've had it for a while now, I honestly can't put it down! I never thought that I would say this but I may soon become a "one guitar" kinda guy... I need a drink!

Thanks for asking but I won't bore the masses with more pictures right now. I'm afraid that I'm approaching arrogant status as it is and I [u']definitely[/u] don't want that perception to stick. I'm as simple & down-home as they come... I just really like fancy guitars (and I like to talk!).

Thank you' date=' Mr.Big

I have to admit that I first bought this guitar simply for it's "coolness" & WOW factor. I honestly wasn't expecting much "performance" wise from it because I had always been a fingerstyle (classical) player. After I've had it for a while now, I honestly can't put it down! I never thought that I would say this but I may soon become a "one guitar" kinda guy... I need a drink!

Thanks for asking but I won't bore the masses with more pictures right now. I'm afraid that I'm approaching arrogant status as it is and I [u']definitely[/u] don't want that perception to stick. I'm as simple & down-home as they come... I just really like fancy guitars (and I like to talk!).

Don't think you can post TOO many photos of that guitar..... beautiful.....

If you decide that you can't wait until December' date=' Music Villa in Bozeman has a pristine looking used 2006 J-45 Custom Vine.

-- Bob R

I don't know ANYTHING about this particular used J45 but I do know that it appears to be a GREAT deal in contrast to what I paid for my new one. I don't regret buying new but I definitely have no objections to buying used if it's in great condition. Back when I bought mine there weren't any other J45 Vines to be had. Oh well, I guess the joke's on me. :-&

Tks for all the support here...I'll be praying because as it is already difficult to find a vine model now, imagine when I'll be in the states on december...It's impossible for me to buy one from Brasil right now...it's because I want to really play the beauty before I buy it. But I'm still doing my research...I'll try to get at least U$ 5k until december. God knows how I'll try hard, so I'll deserve to be blessed...If any of you knows someone who'd like to sell a vine model please tell me...tks.

Doughrf -

FYI: I was into Elderly yesterday to have my 12 adjusted. While it was getting taken care of I browsed the Gibby's and was supprised to find a used 2004 J-45 Vine. They will ship to Brazil (costly), but the price of the guitar ($3000) isn't too bad. Listed in excellent condition. I played it and looked it over. Sounds great, plays great, but I noticed the end piece seam was slightly out of level on one side (where the rosewood side meets the ivoroid). Here's the link -

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/20U-12543.htm

International shipping - http://elderly.com/inter.html

Doughrf -

FYI: I was into Elderly yesterday to have my 12 adjusted. While it was getting taken care of I browsed the Gibby's and was supprised to find used 2004 J-45 Vine.

BigK' date=' That's one fine looking J45. When I bought mine a while back I actually had to decide between it & [u']that[/u] particular one at Elderly. It was a pretty tough decision to say the least.

RASHARU- you call Lexington "Northern Kentucky"?? Interesting. As a former resident of that fair city I can assure you their ain't nothing northern about it. Northern Kentucky is just the other side of the river from Cincinnati (where I currently live) [biggrin]

Last time I was at Wilcutt they did not have any Vine models in stock. I was inquiring specifically about a Vine 200 that they used to have.

I love my J-45 Vine. It is my go to guitar.

BigK' date=' That's one fine looking J45. When I bought mine a while back I actually had to decide between it & [u']that[/u] particular one at Elderly. It was a pretty tough decision to say the least.

I like your burst better - maybe because it looks more vintage with it. The vintage aspect appeals to me.

RASHARU- you call Lexington "Northern Kentucky"?? Interesting. As a former resident of that fair city I can assure you their ain't nothing northern about it. Northern Kentucky is just the other side of the river from Cincinnati (where I currently live) [laugh]

Ft. Wright? I do a LOT of business with TANK, (and SORTA in Cincinnati).

I like your burst better - maybe because it looks more vintage with it. The vintage aspect appeals to me.

Yeah' date=' the burst is what eventually sold me on the one I bought. I didn't really want to buy "new" but it was the only one available in burst at the time. The one at Elderly still looks quite nice, I think.

I had my eye on a nice burst "Dwight Yoakem" model back then, too. The dice inlays are pretty cool. But alas, I fell victim to the ultimate bling of the VINE!

I wish someone would by that guitar from Elderly soon so I can quit second-guessing myself... [laugh

RASHARU- you call Lexington "Northern Kentucky"?? Interesting. As a former resident of that fair city I can assure you their ain't nothing northern about it. Northern Kentucky is just the other side of the river from Cincinnati

Anything north of London is "NORTHERN KY" from where I stand. Everyone knows that things don't get interesting until you cross over into Tennessee anyway! Ooooohh.. HECK YEAH! [biggrin]

Archived