Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought 2010 Les Paul Standard (w/coil tapping) in Wine Red!

Hollyview_Martin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BillyGibson

The ad says, non-chambered too and solid mahagony back. So, it's also not weight relieved.

Hollyview - just how heavy is it?

Well Billy lets just say its not light thats for sure! LOL I just weighed it on my digital scale here at home and it says 9 lbs. Probably give or take a few Ounces. What does a chamered Les Paul usually weigh?

My chambered 2000 LP Standard Lite weighs just under six pounds. You new guitar looks great!

I tried out the LP Antique Classic a couple of years ago. It had coil tapping, but I wasn't happy with the volume difference when I switched from double coil to single coil and vice versa. Do you have any problems with yours?

CaptianNemo68

I tried out the LP Antique Classic a couple of years ago. It had coil tapping, but I wasn't happy with the volume difference when I switched from double coil to single coil and vice versa. Do you have any problems with yours?

I don't really have much trouble with mine so far. When changing back and forth between Single Coil to Humbucker you notice it either getting thicker or thiner but thats what its supose to do. As far as volume it is pretty even when switching back and forth. I really have no complaints about this guitar. Its just hands down freaking awesome and a blast to play!

CaptianNemo68

I don't really have much trouble with mine so far. When changing back and forth between Single Coil to Humbucker you notice it either getting thicker or thiner but thats what its supose to do. As far as volume it is pretty even when switching back and forth. I really have no complaints about this guitar. Its just hands down freaking awesome and a blast to play!

Thanks guys! I don't want put it down! I will be paying for it for a while but the Pros outweigh the Cons! LOL I'm happy to be a part of the Gibson Family!

I don't see ANY cons to owning a guitar like that! Very, VERY nice!

Welcome to the Gibson Forums.

BillyGibson

Well Billy lets just say its not light thats for sure! LOL I just weighed it on my digital scale here at home and it says 9 lbs. Probably give or take a few Ounces. What does a chamered Les Paul usually weigh?

My 08 Standard also comes out at 9lb on my kitchen scales. Feels nice and much heavier than my Studio.

I was interested to see the grain on the body of the OP's standard runs length ways, all LP's I have ever seen have the grain run across the body, or am I out of touch/ talking nonsense?

BTW.

I have 2008 Standard (Jan) & it has no date.

How do both of us have #9 VTgreekgod? Maybe the serial # decoder I found was wrong on mine... According to the guitar center ad it said there was only 100 made.

I just found the serial decoder at The Guitar Dater Project online.

This is what my serial number came back with:

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

January 15th, 2010

Production Number: 166

Let me start by saying I love this guitar! Never thought I would own a Les Paul and now I do. When I found this Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro in Wine Red I had to have it. The one I ended up with is #9 out of 100! After finding that out I was O' So very pleased with what I was holding in my hands! I hope you guys enjoy the pictures!

DSCN2701.jpg

DSCN2703.jpg

[/img]

Stunning Axe!

Congrats.

I just found the serial decoder at The Guitar Dater Project online.

This is what my serial number came back with:

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant' date=' TN, USA

January 15th, 2010

Production Number: 166

[/quote']

How does that make any sense? Mine was made on the 21st and the production# is 9. Yours was made before mine and the production# is 166. Something about that doesn't add up. I was to understand there was only 100 made in the WINE RED color. Did you get a different color option? Can anyone make sense of this? I'm baffled......[lol]

Just call 1-800-4-GIBSON.

They usually can tell you a few things, if you don't get much info, call

back at another time / day. Some guys on the other end give you all kinds

of information, some guys... not so much. The important thing is to ask

specific questions. Sometimes though, they only have so much information available.

Depends on the guitar I guess.

Good luck!

Archived