Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone else been slacking off lately?

Gilliangirl

GG you need to shake it up a bit.....go out and get yourself a spanking new outfit......new look, new attitude......new playing.....you go girl!!!!

There's my problem right there! I'm not drinking ENOUGH beers' date=' eh? [biggrin']

Thank you everyone for the responses. Okay, I'm feeling a bit better now that I've read through this and know that (a) I'm not alone ([biggrin] the phase will come to an end and © I need to drink more beer (okay I threw that one in myself)

I think my biggest fear is that I won't return when I take a hiatus from playing. For those of us who have strayed (from the guitar) for any significant length of time, you know what I'm talking about. Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, months turn into years. I've noticed that when I pick the guitar up, I haven't really lost any skils but am just a bit sloppier, untidy in my playing: barre chords aren't clean, fingers accidentally mute strings they shouldn't, etc. I know buying a new guitar isn't the issue; I own two great guitars (okay, three, including Elmo).

I really think the weather has an effect, and leaving the guitars out is such a luxury that I miss. I play waaaay more songs during summer months because I could leave the guitars out and pick them up on a moment's notice while waiting for water to boil, etc. And sitting on the porch playing guitar to a bunch of pigeons and cats is really quite entertaining (for me).

I put an ad on Craigslist not long ago wondering if anyone in my area wanted to get together for a jam. I got one response, but now I'm afraid to meet with him in case he's the Craigslist Killer!

Alright, I'm going to play tonight.

Archived