Gibson Brands Forums

Any clue where I can pick up one of these in the UK + new sound clip

Deadgrateful

Wow it's been ages since I posted, but I've been checking in from time to time. I adore my epiphone el-00 and to be honest, tend to play it more than my Martin 000-28vs which is crazy because that was my dream machine. But this epiphone (fully customised with pick guard removal, bone saddle and nut, new groovy grover tuners and a baggs m1) just SUDDENLY opened up.

Sounds ridiculous I know, but it really did just start sounding like a million bucks for no apparent reason. The weathers not changed, the strings were already broken in, and my playing can't possibly have gotten better overnight. Anyway, point is it now sounds awesome, and Jinder if your thinking of getting one, it will be the best £200 you EVER spend (stick a pickup in there and replace the saddle and nut straight away).

All this sunburst has got me a hankering for a spankering for another NL burst style steelstring. I think the recording king rnj 16 is right up there for value for money and has solid wood all round. Problem is, I can't bloody find one... If ANYONE can point me in the right direction, I would be very very grateful!

Oh, and to prove how good it sounds now (the epiphone) I recorded on of my newer songs with it (the crappy lead part, the picking is my Martin) on a fairly cheap pencil mic straight into logic. Feel free to take a ganders if you will:

bluebird mp3

Can't offer any help with the Recording King myself but Johnt has one I think. When he's released from his prison cell in Las Vegas, I'm sure he'll chime in here.

Good to see you back anyway. I'll be sure to have a listen when I'm home from work. IT police will not allow such things to be played on their computers.

Can't offer any help with the Recording King myself but Johnt has one I think. When he's released from his prison cell in Las Vegas' date=' I'm sure he'll chime in here..[/quote']

Can't quite help mine is a lowly RO 16 (Lam sides)

That cames from Abey Music in Tunbridge Wells, they had a few RKs when I was there

80 Grosvenor Road

Tunbridge Wells TN1 2AS

01892 511 611

Have you called Dave at Guitar Junction, they don't have your model on their site at present but I am sure they can getb one IF you can persuade them to look at something other than Martins

Btw is it the Rnj 16 (troubador) that you seek

BR

Yea, either of the troubadours really, although I haven't played a maple bodied anything other than j200 but I'd definitely be game. I tried guitar junction and he's going to see what he can do, but there just doesn't seem to be many floating around. I'm working in Tunbridge this friday so may see what I can dig up. Thanks for the help as always!

Archived