Gibson Brands Forums

I think I'm going to stop now...

Dr.Tom

...I have reached the limit of great guitars that I and my band mates can play:

Takamine EF 75 #70, Martin D-45V, Taylor 912CE(Cindy Inlay)

E75-D45-912CE24-27-08.jpg

Gibson Dove,Taylor 814CE, Takamine SW341SC

Dove-814CE-SW24-27-08.jpg

Ovation 1858LX 12 String, Adamas 2080, Adamas 1688-8 12 String

1858LX-2080-1688-834-27-08.jpg

Takamine TAN15C, Takamine FP400SC, Takamine EF360SC

TAN15C-FP400SC-EF360SC14-27-08.jpg

Regards,

Tom

P.S.I also posted this on the Takamine Forum

For just a second I thought the Takamine on the right in the last photo' date=' had a really different grain in it's top.

Then it hit me that your house siding needs painting. :)

[/quote']

LOL! Yeah that's some wavy reflection on that one!

The reflection in the photo reminded me of a photo (that I heard about, but never saw) that my sister in law took of her husband many years ago. As a practical joke, she thought it would be funny to take a picture of him using the toilet. So, while he was in the middle of doing his business, she quietly sneaked into the bathroom and took his picture and then ran away. However, she had forgotten about the large mirror. She later found out that the picture that she took of him was not quite as good as her reflection in the mirror, showing her entirely naked, which was also in the picture. The moral of the story is to what those reflections in your photos. You never know what might show up. LOL

nice collection and great photos almost reminded me of a wedding album on the pretty deck. good luck with the whole I'm stopping now that I have everything I need in guitars.

Been there done that as they say' date=' wish it worked.[img']http://forum.gibson.com/public/style_emoticons/default/eusa_sick.gif[/img]

retrosurfer1959,

Well the only reason I did it with the pictures of the acoustics is because I don't think the rest of the stuff will fit on the deck !!

ELECTRICS :2007 Gibson ES-339 Caramel Sunburst ; 2006 PRS CU 22 12 String Ch. Sunburst;2007 PRS Hollowbody Spruce w/p Platinum one off; 2004 PRS Hollowbody II McCart Sunburst; 2005 PRS Modern Eagle 20th Ann. Charcoal, 2005 PRS CU24 20th Ann.Artist Blue Matteo,; 1997 PRS Santana 1 ,Sunburst ;199? PRS Archtop II,Sunburst; 1965 SG Special - White ; 1963 Fender Strat- sunburst ; 1964 Gretsch Country Gent-dark walnut ; 1998 Gretsch Country Classic Jr. ; 2001 Gibson ES-335 - natural ; 1989 Fender Strat Plus Deluxe - greyburst ; 1969 Fender Tele- Blonde ; 1969 Fender Esquire - Blonde ; 1969 Fender Tele Bass - Blonde ; Ovation UK II-White; Ovation Viper III-White; Ovation Viper-White; Ovation Viper-Sunburst; 199? Jackson Randy Rhodes V - black ; 199? Peavey Wolfgang - cognac burst ; 1968 Vox Sidewinder Bass- cherry ; 1965 Silvertone amp-in-case 2pickup - red sparkle; 1965 Hagstrom I (powder blue)

ACOUSTICS :2006 Gibson Dove ; 2005 Martin D-45V ;Adamas 2080, Adamas 1688-8 12 String ; 2006 Takamine TAN 15C; 2006 Ovation 1858LX 12 String ;Takamine EF 75 #70 ; 2001 Takamine SW341SC(Steve Wariner Signature); 2004 Takamine EF360S ; 2004 Taylor 814CE ;1997 Taylor 912CE(Cindy Inlay); 1990 Takamine FP400SC 12 String ;197? Bruno Royal Artist acoustic

Amps:

1965 Pro Reverb,1966 Vibrolux Reverb, two 1968 Super Reverbs, two 1968 Vibrolux Reverbs,1968 Princeton Reverb, 1968 Deluxe Reverb, 1968 Bandmaster Reverb, two 1969 Bandmaster Reverbs, Vox AC15 2x10, Vox AC15TBX, Marshall DSL 401,Mesa Boogie Mark IV, 1964 & 1965 Ampeg Gemini 1's ; 1970s Ampeg V4 ; two 1970s Ampeg V2s; Vox AC30CC1 ; 1965 Gibson Falcon ; Fuchs ODS 50 Head & 1x12combo; Fuchs 100W TDS Head ;Avatar 2x12-Celestion Blues ; Avatar 2x12-Celestion Golds

Pedals:

ADA Flanger w/RI Foot pedal(Vintage),Analogman Stereo Chorus, (2) Analogman ,Bi-Comprossors,Analogman SunFace(NKT 275),BJF Honey Bee Overdrive,Boss Line Selector LS-2,Boss Equalizer GE-7,Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan,Boss Power Supply PSM-5,(5) Boss Chromatic Tuners TU-2,Boss DD-20 Giga Delay,Boss Metal Zone MT-2,Boss BF-1 Flanger(Vintage),Boss DM-2 Delay,Boss Delay DM-3,(2) Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble,Boss Bass Chorus CE-2B,Digitech Whammy II,Digitech FX-17 Wah/Vol,Digitech Bass Driver(X-Series),Digitech Jam Man,(5) Ernie Ball Volume Pedals,EH Screaming Bird Treble Booster,EH Small Stone Phase(Vintage),EH Big Muff PI(Vintage),FoxRox Captain Coconut II,Fulltone ’69 Fuzz,Fulltone Clyde Wah,Gibson Maestro Fuzztone (FZ-1A),Hermidia Zendrive,Hermidia Mosferatu,

Ibanez CS-9 Stereo Chorus,Ibanez TS-9 RI,(2)Ibanez TS-9DX,Ibanez TS-9DX Keeley Mod,Ibanez TS-9 Analogman Mod,Ibanez TS-9DX Analogman Mod,Ibanez Original TS-9(Analogman upgrade),Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah,Keeley 3-Way Rat,Keeley Rangemaster,(2) MXR Distortion+ (Vintage),MXR Phase 100 (Vintage-Script),MXR Dynacomp (Vintage-Script),MXR Noisegate Linedriver(Vintage),MXR Micro Flanger(Vintage),

MXR Loop Selector(Vintage),MXR Power Converter(Vintage),Paul Cochrane Timmy,

Peterson Strobo Stomp,Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe Tuner,Pro Analog Dual Drive,Radial ToneBone Classic Distortion,Time Machine Boost,T.C. Electronics Stereo Chorus,Vox Big Ben Overdrive,Whirlwind Selector A/B Box,Teese RMC-3 Wah,Teese Picture Wah

Lots of nice pieces in those pics. I think my favourite would be the D-41V (I have an HD-28V and it is a great guitar), though seeing some proud Ovations reminded me of my first good guitar - a custom Balladeer that I took busking all over the world. It was black, nasty when I was done with it, and completely destroyed by weather and thousands of hours of playing - and it was the most fun I ever had wearing a guitar out.

Thanks for the photo posts. I always enjoy seeing photos of guitars. You do know that you'll like now start a "guitar photo war"' date=' don't you? LOL

What kind of tree is that in the background? It's a keeper.[/quote']

If you mean the flowering tree , it's actually 2 weeping cherry trees. They're about 22yrs old. Them blooming right now and the great weather is what drove me to take the pictures.

Regards,

Tom

Great pics' date=' gtreat guitars, awesome backdrop for the photos! thanks for sharing. Now the obligatory question. Which one of those is "the one" for you? =D> [/quote']

That's a really hard question for me. I'm definitely not a one brand guitar person. To me guitars are like ice cream; there are so many good flavors that I can't just pick one favorite or say one is the best; or better yet like fine wines; with different moods and foods some wines go better; and many get better with age yet are still plenty good right away.

So I can't pick a favorite; but I can tell you what I like about different ones and what makes them unique and interesting to me. That is also an interesting phenomenon; what I hear may not be exactly what some one else hears so my opinion about guitars is not necessarily 100% tranferable to some one else! Such is the nature of our perception of guitars .

I love the Martin D-45V. The bottom end on that guitar is to die for but it doesn't sacrifice the mids or the high end. The most full bodied guitar I own. Very light weight and a sound I never tire of.

The Dove is a very unique sounding guitar . It doesn't sound like any of my other guitars.Very articulate. It doesn't have the same mellow bottom end when compared to the Martin but why compare ? It has a very rich bottom and it also has a full bodied sound that is just beautiful with rich mids and highs. It is also a canon as is the Martin. Every one who picks up the Dove is just smitten by it; it's that good.

The Takamine EF75 is one of about 70-75 guitar that were made from a stash of Brazilian rosewood that the luthiers at Takamine had kept around for a number of years for a special build of guitars. It is a wonderful instrument and begs to be played both finger style(which I do poorly) and strummed. Its a spruce top with Rosewood back and sides. It sounds much larger than its size and is a joy to play. I'm lucky to have one.

Well I'll tell you more about others at some other time. I apologize for running on like that!

Regards,

Tom

For just a second I thought the Takamine on the right in the last photo' date=' had a really different grain in it's top.

Then it hit me that your house siding needs painting. =D>

[/quote']

The house doesn't need painting you're just seeing optical distortion. The siding is vinyl and is perfectly fine. Look at the Black guitar and the distortion is even wilder !

Regards,

Tom

Nice collection you got there Dr. Tom. I like the Gibson Dove the best.

There is no doubt that the Dove is very special; it's quest is what brought me to this site! I must say you folks did not steer me wrong, I am absolutely loving it!

Regards,

Tom

Dr Tom after seeing that list

You are one sick pup

In other words congrats that's a hell of a list and your right that should be enough to keep anyone playing happily. The only problem is they just keep making great stuff. Your list looks kinda like mine (you have even more than I do) would if I actually was brave enough and wrote them all down and updated it.

you really do have some fun stuff on that list.:-k :-k =D>

Pedal Question

You ever try any of the Moolon or Z.Vex pedals? the Z.Vex - Box of Rock is my go to pedal right now!

If you mean the flowering tree ' date=' it's actually 2 weeping cherry trees. They're about 22yrs old. Them blooming right now and the great weather is what drove me to take the pictures.

Regards,

Tom[/quote']

Can I bring my guitars over to your house and photograph them in front of your trees? They're great.

Dr Tom after seeing that list

You are one sick pup

In other words congrats that's a hell of a list and your right that should be enough to keep anyone playing happily. The only problem is they just keep making great stuff. Your list looks kinda like mine (you have even more than I do) would if I actually was brave enough and wrote them all down and updated it.

you really do have some fun stuff on that list.;) ;) =D>

Pedal Question

You ever try any of the Moolon or Z.Vex pedals? the Z.Vex - Box of Rock is my go to pedal right now!

I agree on the "One sick pup " comment ! My only defense is that I my equip my entire band. We practice at my house and no one has to bring anything to practice. So I also have keyboards, 3 drum kits, PA , etc, etc. We only play out about 5-10/yr Primarily benefits, private parties,banquets.

I haven't tried the Moolon or Z.Vex pedals but as you can see, I'm always willing !!

Regards,

Tom

The reflection in the photo reminded me of a photo (that I heard about' date=' but never saw) that my sister in law took of her husband many years ago. As a practical joke, she thought it would be funny to take a picture of him using the toilet. So, while he was in the middle of doing his business, she quietly sneaked into the bathroom and took his picture and then ran away. However, she had forgotten about the large mirror. She later found out that the picture that she took of him was not quite as good as her reflection in the mirror, showing her entirely naked, which was also in the picture. The moral of the story is to what those reflections in your photos. You never know what might show up. LOL [/quote']

I would say another moral that could be taken from this story combined with the original photos in this thread is "Don't ever take a picture of your oh-so-shiny-guitar while you're naked!"

Yikes.

Fred

Archived