Gibson Brands Forums

Appetite for Destruction

Rod

I went down to my local Long and McQuade today after seeing the new Slash guitar and ordered it. There are only ten slated for Canada and five are pre sold. Do not know when it will arrive but i will post pics asap.

I don't know if this number is accurate but the guitar rep at L and M said that there are only 600 of these guitars bieng produced. I can't say that this is a correct number but it is an interesting conversation piece

forgetting that its a slash model knowing that thats generally where bickering may start...

Its gosh darn purdy

I thought though since it were a 59 replica of a copy it would have an ABR-1 bridge and not a tunomatic

I'll freely admit that notwithstanding the Slash logo on the headstock, I dig the looks of the guitar. Not sure that the Duncan Alnico II's are quite my cup of tea though. When it comes to Duncan pickups, I' prefer a '59/Pearly Gates or '59/JB pairing.

I have to admit that I could do without the logo but it is what it is. I had a 2008 slash goldtop and very much liked the Duncans. I do not know if these pickups are different from the 2008 model but every one has their own sounds that they prefer. Cheers.

I have to admit that I could do without the logo but it is what it is. I had a 2008 slash goldtop and very much liked the Duncans. I do not know if these pickups are different from the 2008 model but every one has their own sounds that they prefer. Cheers.

Damn its pretty...

2800 US is too much though...

I don't know if this number is accurate but the guitar rep at L and M said that there are only 600 of these guitars bieng produced. I can't say that this is a correct number but it is an interesting conversation piece

I spoke with my local Gibson dealer and he said that the numbers are even less. He said they are making 200 aged and 100 with a gloss finish. I haven't read that anywhere not have I read what the production numbers will be. Why is Gibson keeping it a secret? I suppose in a week or so when it's released we'll be able to see if they are number XXX/XXX or if the certificate is numbered (which I doubt).

Anyway' date=' it will be a limited run and I think it's a killer looking guitar. Like someone else posted, too bad Slash didn't actually play a Gibson Les Paul on the Appetite album but a copy instead. [biggrin

Archived