Gibson Brands Forums

New addition to the family

ramseyrails

Hello, I have the fortunate or unfortunate depending on how you look at it to live about 25 min away from Sweetwater Music. I went in the other day to peruse their acoustic guitars.... and well.. you know the rest of the story. I left a few hours later with a J200. Wow what a wonderfull sound coming out of this thing. It's loud with the wonderful lows and the highs are crisp and clean. Iv'e always wanted one and with the financial troubles at Gibson I thought I would just buy it now, while a Gibson is a Gibson and not some re-branded Fender or some-other mass market brand. I bought a Compact Acoustic Cargo at Christmas and they are now in financial crisis, I hope I'm not some bad luck charm. Anyway here are some shots of it. The wood on the back is just beautiful.

J200164.jpg

J200157.jpg

J200158.jpg

J200160.jpg

Beautiful guitar!! Congrats on snagging one of the classics of acoustic guitar design! There are very few acoustic guitars that are instantly identifiable - the pinched waist and big butt of the SJ200 is one of them. Sure could stand a set of Imperials on the headstock, though!

[laugh] Good job!

Ooooooh, lucky lucky lucky you! Maple is so pretty, isn't it? How many of us have just gone in to take a look and come out with a new guitar? (raises hand enthusiastically!)

As Rob used to say (I miss Rob) 'Life's short, buy the guitar'! Enjoy your new guitar Ramsey!

Thanks everyone, I will enjoy it, or shall I say have been enjoying it. Now I just need to get good enough so that my talent and the guitar are a little closer together on the scale. Right now the guitar is far more capable then me, I'm trying to catch up.

Ramsey

Absolutely fantastic! And don't worry about "catching up" on your skills.. Just work hard and play what needs to be played, say what needs to be said, and enjoy it!

P.S. Let's get some sound clips of that bad boy on here!

Archived