Gibson Brands Forums

Gibbo Acoustic Forum Open Mic

Deadgrateful

The cheapest way would by to buy a decent "webcam" that has a mic built into it and just record to your computer.

Can probably get a decent one for around $50 US

USB into your computer and it should be Plug-n-Pray installation.

18394.1.0.png

Thanks for the info Nodehopper.

I suspect the sound quality is going to be limited on one of these but then if it's played back through a laptop or little PC speakers, that won't matter too much.

Thanks for the info Nodehopper.

I suspect the sound quality is going to be limited on one of these but then if it's played back through a laptop or little PC speakers' date=' that won't matter too much.[/quote']

The sound quality would be terrible, but you can easily record the audio from another source. I use an apogee duet, but the Apogee one is just about the coolest gadget in existence. It's a built in audio interface and condenser mic. Alternatively just run a cheap mic directly into your soundcard and sync with the cam footage.

Man, there's some truly great music being posted on here, it's nice to see all these guitars are being put to good use!

Okay (Gulp) -- I've returned to picking within the last year after a 20-year hiatus and recorded this over the weekend.

Nowhere in the league of the rest of the posts here... and sorry, no video.

Stuck the mic halfway between my face and the AJ and hit record.

...for your enjoyment...

Firelight, you should NEVER have left guitar and singing for that long......beautiful....you may be in a league of your own....lol

Okay (Gulp) -- I've returned to picking within the last year after a 20-year hiatus and recorded this over the weekend.

Nowhere in the league of the rest of the posts here... and sorry' date=' no video.

...for your enjoyment...

[/quote']

DG and OWF -- thank you! Means a LOT coming from you...

I lost my music in a divorce -- sucked the life force out, ya know? -- plus my ex's sister helped herself to my guitar... Now a second happy marriage, new home, neighbour across the road got me back into music a few years ago, singing backup for her bluegrass band, but I felt I could never pick up a guitar again. The itch grew though, so here I am, re-learning and having a ball.

But it isn't like riding a bicycle -- the body memory was pretty much gone and that was SO frustrating -- licks I'd pick up overnight years ago now take a lot of practice.

I'm learning patience this time around.. **grin**

Firelight....I'm also thinking that YOU should NOT be singing backup, but on lead mic.....when I close my eyes, I hear a little Karen Carpenter in your voice, although you are a unique voice, you boyh sing beautifully. So please post more....your recording method is very good, let's hear some more!!!!

Nowhere in the league of the rest of the posts here... and sorry' date=' no video.

...for your enjoyment...

[/quote']

That was very beautiful....you have a wonderful voice !

Archived