Gibson Brands Forums

Hi Remember me?

daveinspain

About six months ago I made a post asking advice from you guys on what would be a good acoustic guitar for a beginner. I got lots of tips and suggestions. Some told me to go out to every guitar store I could find and try guitars... which I did. Then someone else suggested since I am in Spain to try some Spanish acoustics and let you guys know what the Spanish guitars are like. So I did. I found a guitar and until I get a Gibson I think it will work just fine. I was lucky to find a Guitar factory about an hours drive from Valencia where I live. I played and loved their guitars... My quest for an acoustic guitar has now turned into a project. Let me explain. They have agreed to make my guitar with the wood I selected and when the guitar is almost finished but not varnished or strung up and without tuners, they are going to send it to me. Then I am going to have it painted by a well known Spanish artist. Then I'm going to send it back to the factory and they will finish the guitar with the final varnish, tuners and strings and send it back... I am documenting the whole process with photos and will post them... Watch this space...

I might be just as expensive but I don´t think I could get Gibson to agree to what I want to do... I don´t think they do custom work anymore...

Gibson will make you whatever you want. Give them a call in Bozeman or have any Gibson dealer check on it for you. They can get an estimate for you from Gibson.

Archived