Gibson Brands Forums

Attention! SG with specific SN wanted.

Thundergod

Chances are the either..

A) The necks on that day were stamped and are just sat in the bins waiting to be fitted to guitars.

[biggrin] They've been squirted onto guitars already and they're moving their way through the factory and will be finished in the next week.

Either way Gibson can find out where every guitar has been shipped to so I'm sure if you ask really nicely to find which store has been sent an SG built on that day, they'll tell you.

I have an SG Classic built the day my daughter was born. It happened by accident.

I went to the Guitar Center in Syracuse because the SG Classic wasn't available in Canada and I wanted a P90 SG bad. They had ordered one in for me and it took about a week to get it. When I saw the serial number, I had a feeling it was pretty close, but it wasn't until I got home and checked that I knew for sure. BTW, this was about 5 weeks after the build date so it doesn't take long for the guitars to hit the shelves.

When my son was born a couple of years later, I knew I wanted a Gibson from his birthday. I called Gibson about a month after, but it was too late for them to help me since everything from that date had already shipped. CALL GIBSON FIRST THING TOMORROW (1-800-4GIBSON) and get on this right away. It's probably soon enough that they can help you. They were more than willing to try and help me, but I had waited too long.

And I eventually found a Les Paul Jr. built the day after my son was born. I guess that will have to do for now.

Archived