Gibson Brands Forums

hendrix, that wasn't music it was just noise!...

S t e v e

Haha Teapot calling the Kettle Black. I have Experience Hendrix greatest hits and I have Perpetual Flame, and there's MAYBE one or two songs on Perpetual Flame I can listen to in my car on a regular basis, but I could listen to the entire greatest hits of Hendrix's over and over.

If he thinks Jimmy's Music is just noise, he should look at his own name.

Come on guys, Yngwie is a true master no matter if you dig his music or not.

Can any one of us here say they wouldnt give up 'ol lefty for a few of his chops?

I have heard Hendrix as we all have many times. I have heard better...he did have a groove, but in my

opinion he was all studio for the most part.

Come on guys' date=' Yngwie is a true master no matter if you dig his music or not.

Can any one of us here say they wouldnt give up 'ol lefty for a few of his chops?

I have heard Hendrix as we all have many times. I have heard better...he did have a groove, but in my

opinion he was all studio for the most part.[/quote']

+1 [biggrin]

Come on guys' date=' Yngwie is a true master no matter if you dig his music or not.

opinion he was all studio for the most part.[/quote']

All "studio"? I think he only did a few studio records, and most of those had off-the-cuff jams that they included on the album. The long version of "Voodoo Child" was a jam at someone's house. And as for Yngwie, I saw him live for his "Marching Out" release, he was backing up Iron Maiden (which I didn't stay to see), and he's a bald faced liar, because he did the entire intro to "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" for about a 4 or 5 minute solo, so for him to say he never played Hendrix riffs...well he's lying.

All "studio"? I think he only did a few studio records' date=' and most of those had off-the-cuff jams that they included on the album. The long version of "Voodoo Child" was a jam at someone's house. And as for Yngwie, I saw him live for his "Marching Out" release, he was backing up Iron Maiden (which I didn't stay to see), and he's a bald faced liar, because he did the entire intro to "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" for about a 4 or 5 minute solo, so for him to say he never played Hendrix riffs...well he's lying.[/quote']

he means when he was growing up and learning guitar he never played his riffs, he's covered (live) a few hendrix songs incl one with steve vai and j satriani (on the g3 tour) [cool]

I saw Yngwie open for AC/DC at Maple Leaf Gardens many' date=' many years ago.

He got my attention, but I soon forgot him.....why was I at an AC/DC concert?....I lost a bet. lol[/quote']

i saw malmsteen at the astoria london back in the early 90's, i was about 3ft from him and it blew my mind! although i was drunk at the time :), na honest it was awsome!

When I saw him I thought he was great...I see what people mean about his Ritchie Blackmore schtick, I admire both, despite the fact their BOTH so full of themselves it's actually pathetic. At least "Manstem" (too funny) didn't walk offstage in the middle of a gig...that I know of.

Archived