Gibson Brands Forums

BLUES JAM#1 UP...

Lowdown

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK here is my rough........questionable timing......and key mix ..........me on left FM on right....just until

Low shows up to work his magic................. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8933558

Also note FM and myself did not hear each other as we put down our tracks............

I think we have some interesting overlap for blind recording......

Ok, newsflash! I just figured out today how to record with my poor equipment! Downloaded Audacity, and drew a line from my amp's headphone output, with a 1/8'' cable, to my laptop's microphone input. Cranked the amp's master volume, just to get some signal and prayed that the signal would sound decent! It (partly) worked! The clean signal from my guitar sounded kinda distorted, but after overdriven it with my Luther, sounded a little better...

The only problem is, when I try to record on Low's backing track playing on Audacity, the signal gets delayed and sounds like I'm playing out of tempo... I guess that the solution would be to listen to the track from an outside source and try to record my solo on it's own, on Audacity.

I will try to record the solo this weekend guys / Low!

(really big smile right now...)[biggrin]

Archived