Gibson Brands Forums

I've sold five Martins

MapleManiac

I have been undecided on Martin or Gibson. I think I am at a point where I am going to get a Gibson. I have D-28 and a D18ge. They both sound completly different. I Can't bond with the D-18ge v neck although it has some serious tone. I like the neck on the J45 and I like the tone. I have been playing one at a store for a while and been going back and forth between decideding on a Gibson and a Martin. We will see what happens.

yaz

hello to another j30 owner indeed! this is my second j30 (i owned a sunburst variety a while back).

this is a natural topped version. it's a great guitar - huge voice with plenty of punch and volume.

fingerpicks and flatpicks with the best of them. i primarily fingerpick country blues and some country

and rock stuff. works for it all. i've tried to sell it a number of times to fund other purchases and

no one's ever been interested in it. i had a high-end hummingbird a while back and this one was

vastly superior in sound. just a plain jane. folks don't know what they're missing. i may try to sell it

again but will probably end up keeping it as my 'beater'. i refuse to drop it down to where it's basically

competing with the middling chinese imports. we'll see. until then, it's rocking and rolling.

geoff

I have been undecided on Martin or Gibson. I think I am at a point where I am going to get a Gibson. I have D-28 and a D18ge. They both sound completly different. I Can't bond with the D-18ge v neck although it has some serious tone. I like the neck on the J45 and I like the tone. I have been playing one at a store for a while and been going back and forth between decideding on a Gibson and a Martin. We will see what happens.

Play a Kevin Kopp K 35 ! You will then sell both the D 28 and the GE and buy one ! [biggrin]

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

yaz

hello to another j30 owner indeed! this is my second j30 (i owned a sunburst variety a while back).

this is a natural topped version. it's a great guitar - huge voice with plenty of punch and volume.

fingerpicks and flatpicks with the best of them. i primarily fingerpick country blues and some country

and rock stuff. works for it all. i've tried to sell it a number of times to fund other purchases and

no one's ever been interested in it. i had a high-end hummingbird a while back and this one was

vastly superior in sound. just a plain jane. folks don't know what they're missing. i may try to sell it

again but will probably end up keeping it as my 'beater'. i refuse to drop it down to where it's basically

competing with the middling chinese imports. we'll see. until then' date=' it's rocking and rolling.

geoff[/quote']

You know I have the AJ 2007 and totally different animal. Neck faster but long scale give more tension. Its funny because I thought when I got the AJ the J30 would gather dust but that is not the case as I still play it daily. I am all over on what I play but my variety sounds similar to yours.

I like the plain jane factor - minimalist no frills, just sound!

Well my advice would be don't let it go. Like the well worn chair that is as much a friend and cannot be replaced by the better newer model. btw saw one on Gbase sold for $1250. Which is actually more than mine was off the shelf new.

Archived