Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jazz57

Obtaining a Certifificate of Authenticity

I have an ES-175 guitar that was made in the year 2000. It was purchased used from a well-established and reputable guitar shop several years ago.

The guitar does have the Gibson Pre-Pack Checklist. However, it does not have a Certificate of Authenticity.

How can a Certificate of Authenticity be obtained?

Many thanks to all for your assistance.

Hi, You have to call Gibson Customer Service, 1-800-444-2766 , press1. tell them what you need . On a side note, i called them a few days ago, about a similar issue. they told me i would have to send the guitar back. So it could be inspected. Gibson said it is very difficult to get a new COA. But your case is a little different. Give it a try. Good luck.

+1 the only way you can obtain one is by having Gibson do an inspection on the guitar. Either in person or by sending the guitar back to them. I don't know if it's always been that way but it is now. I think mostly in part because of counterfeiting. Nice excuse to take a trip on down to Nashville.

Soudns like a pain in the butt but it makes a lot of sense in light of the counterfeiting issues and it's actually kinda nice to see they take their COA that seriously.