Gibson Brands Forums

I did it

FennRx

Congrats!

Whats her name gonna be?

I recall you sent Ginger packing.

Brookelyn, after my wife. Because like her, once I got close to the R8, I knew she was meant to be mine forever.

We went into Sam Ash last night and I was planning on playing (buying) the Washed Cherry R8 they had. But she told me to play the "pretty one." So I obliged her, and boy could you hear the difference. My wife, who knows nothing of guitars, couldn't believe that both guitars were R8s with the same PUs and electronics. I even had the salesguys mess with PU heights and stuff...but the Washed Cherry was just tinny when compared to the Tobaccoburst.

As you guys know, I played several R8s and R/G0s and was not impressed. But this one...wow! And for the price I got her, which I won't mention her, well....let's just say she didn't cost much more than Standard would if I went into GC and just paid for it. :)

Looking through the thread again, and was drooling over those great pics. I have a question, on the photo of the body, it appears to have a couple of marks between the volume and tone knobs (both bridge and neck), are they there IRL or is that a photo reflection?

Looking through the thread again' date=' and was drooling over those great pics. I have a question, on the photo of the body, it appears to have a couple of marks between the volume and tone knobs (both bridge and neck), are they there IRL or is that a photo reflection?[/quote']

no reflection. i did not notice anything about the finish (the non matched top, those bird's eye marks) until they were pointed out to me...that's how good this thing sounds.

no reflection. i did not notice anything about the finish (the non matched top' date=' those bird's eye marks) until they were pointed out to me...that's how good this thing sounds.[/quote']

Damn, I feel bad about bringing it up. That thing has so much character, it's going to bring a lifetime of beautiful music. Congratulations once again.

Archived