Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amplify

Headphones?

Unavoidably so my friend, with 2 new-borns in the house... I can't remember the brand, but they're nothing to brag about. And these 2 facts have made me think quite a few times for an upgrade.

I also use them with my Vox Amplug, little practice headphone amp (which sounds wonderful btw).

I wear headphones when others are trying to watch tv. I also plug my pc into the second input of my amp, get the mix right with the pc volume control and plug headphones into the headphone out. I can then play along to backing tracks being played back from the computer.

Thanks for the all the responses so far. The reason for asking is that i'm looking to buy some headphones for practising and wondered what was the best make and model to get?

Only when recording at home on the computer & with my POD. I have a tube practice amp at home to jam on and a rehearsal space where I hold church of the sonic guitar mass.

This is my head phone of choice: AKG K240 studio. Clear sound with great frequency range. I think they discontinued them, though. The open air design does not make them ideal for some situation, but for listening & monitoring they are ace.

0900276100595_500X500.jpg

I have this set for all around use. I like them, they're light, good quality and fit around the ear. Not too pricey either.

Initially had bought Sennheisser but they were huge, I mean huge, it was like wearing a football helmet.

bose-around-ear-headphones.jpg

Hey thats what I use too....Christmas present from my pops...he done good work!

Great minds think alike, eh? I have the Monitor model too. They're 600 ohm so they aren't very loud, but everything still sounds killer through them.

RadioShack muffs I bought on a garage sale for $2.00. [thumbup]