Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dponzi

My new baby

Thought I'd post a pic of my new baby. Its an 04 LP Studio. I bought it off of Ebay. I just got it yesterday. It didn't have any pickups. I'm thinking of putting in P-Rails.

100_2598.jpg?t=1270046959

Here's a pic of his big brothers:

100_2596.jpg?t=1270047015

Nice lookin' group.

Congrats on yer new Studio.

Love the gold top with the minis. [biggrin]

Thanks BigKahune, I got that in 1973, brand new, when I was 17 years old. My first good guitar. They weren't too popular back then, but I think they've really come into their own now.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

How big is your Gibson family going to get' date=' 4-5-6?[biggrin][/quote']

Edawg, Right now, I have 4, an ES-175, and 3 Les Pauls. I have 2 more on my wish list, an ES 335 and a Dove. I'm afraid my wife will divorce me if I get any more though.

Very nice the P-Rails would make a nice player very versatile pickups - I have them in a VM I bought second hand and beat up just to use as a test guitar. I liked the sound and the options so much I actually have it torn apart again for a complete refinish. [cool]

Thanks all.

Very nice the P-Rails would make a nice player very versatile pickups - I have them in a VM I bought second hand and beat up just to use as a test guitar. I liked the sound and the options so much I actually have it torn apart again for a complete refinish. [biggrin]

retrosurfer, how did you wire up the P-Rails? Push/pull pots? I'm just trying to get some ideas. I'm actually leaning toward SD Triple Shots. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks all.

retrosurfer' date=' how did you wire up the P-Rails? Push/pull pots? I'm just trying to get some ideas. I'm actually leaning toward SD Triple Shots. Anyone have any experience with them?[/quote']

I actually used the triple shots they worked very well although the switches are pretty small and not easy to switch at least not for me at 50 [cool]

This time during the refinish I'm actually having a couple of small micro switches added. The guitar is a refinished studio so don't care about value I just want ease of use and ability to swap between pickups while playing.