Gibson Brands Forums

If It Ever Falls Apart?

suburude63

Listen I was thinking today after reading the artical about Gibsons higher ups battleing it out ! If Gibson ever

(God Forbid !!) went under That could mean the demise of this forum . I for one would never like to see this happen ! If for some weird reason it does lets commit to starting another via some other ave / server ect. That way we could continue to share our ideas and BS about Gibson acoustics and other guitars.

This forum is very unique and great among forums I feel. Its an idea! [biggrin]

Join the Acoustic Guitar (magazine) Community. Once you join, there is a discussion group for Gibson owners. Last I looked there were about 70 members in this group.

BTW no way Gibson goes under. Worst case they get bought by another company. The Gibson name is worth a fortune. Products like Les Paul, SG, J45 and Hummingbird are iconic and there will be a market for these items for a long time. So a company named Gibson will make them...

Join the Acoustic Guitar (magazine) Community. Once you join' date=' there is a discussion group for Gibson owners. Last I looked there were about 70 members in this group.

BTW no way Gibson goes under. Worst case they get bought by another company. The Gibson name is worth a fortune. Products like Les Paul, SG, J45 and Hummingbird are iconic and there will be a market for these items for a long time. So a company named Gibson will make them...

[/quote']

I agree about what you say about the firm called Gibson . They will go on in some form if this current incarnation falls apart !

As far a AGFs Gibson group its not even in the ballpark of the likes of this goofy group ! Its not just Gibsons that these folks talk about its guitars and whatever.

Its the group Here that I am talking about not just a Gibson talk fest. [biggrin]

I'm down for both ideas' date=' the forum and the buyout. UGGF.com? [/quote']

We have a wealth of corporate knowledge and wisdom in here.....I'd be willing to chip in some $, and if we DO buy Gibson, I can work there as the head of PR!! (HAHAHAHAhahahaha.........................)

Join the Acoustic Guitar (magazine) Community. Once you join' date=' there is a discussion group for Gibson owners. Last I looked there were about 70 members in this group.

[/quote']

+ 1 - only other place on the net I have seen devoted to discussing gibsons and it is small enough we could easily take over! [biggrin]

AGF is Way Over Moderated .....I am sure the lot of us would be banned with in a week! [confused]

I'm all for maintaining contact with the group......heaven forbid that is necessary. I have not actually heard about problems with Gibson other than the illegal imported wood....what's up???

OK...I just read this article...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/cad42764-3924-11df-8970-00144feabdc0,dwp_uuid=e8477cc4-c820-11db-b0dc-000b5df10621.html

NOW I see what the problem is. I've been complaining for years that Gibson's policies have been "crash and burning" the mom's and pop's all over the country, much to the chagrin of the Gibson coddlers in this forum. All the music companies are coming under the microscope of price fixing and anti-trust actions with MAP and such. I think this article is just the tip of the iceberg....

BTW no way Gibson goes under. Worst case they get bought by another company. The Gibson name is worth a fortune. Products like Les Paul' date=' SG, J45 and Hummingbird are iconic and there will be a market for these items for a long time. So a company named Gibson will make them...

[/quote']

Don't worry about Gibson going under. Fender will buy them out.

Don't worry about Gibson going under. Fender will buy them out.

HMMM....Fender bought Tacoma guitars.......and WHOOPS....gone.....Fender bought Ovation Guitars....and WHOOPS.....gone.....Fender bought Guild.....and almost destroyed the product...Yeah....Fender buying Gibson would be GREAT!!!!!! NOT!!!

Now if Martin bought Gibson....that might be interesting....

Archived