Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DamienAzrael

Slash AFD Les Paul

Pure sweetness! I have the GT, I don't like the graphics on the headstock in any way, but damn it sounds good!

Congrats! Looks killer!

Very nice. Chambered?

Nope....It's got the traditional weight relief....you know' date=' the swiss cheese [blush

Nice! I would love one of them. What's it play like? Better than expected or not?

It plays great....I find the neck to be comfortable and I like the new Slash signature pickups.....They're louder than the old Alnico II's used in the previous models..... The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the Slash artwork on the headstock.....I've got three of the other Slash models as well. The V.O.S., the Tobacco Burst Standard (with the same artwork on the headstock....didn't like it then either), and the Custom Shop model with the Fishman bridge....My favorite is still the V.O.S., but this is definitely a sweet guitar.

No disrespect , not into signature models of any kind, but is it not ridiculous to buy a copy of a copy - even Slash's favorite Les Paul is not a Les Paul. I mean does that not tell you something ?

Even more ridiculous Gibson is selling them. My Tabaco burst 01 standard does what I want it to do . Does not make me write better songs or play better if it had Slash's name on it. Funny the only thing you guys say you don't like about is the Slash logo scribble. Why not buy a nice Les Paul ?No dis , just weird for me, each to their own, just read the gtr mag about this one, kinda weird.

No disrespect ' date=' not into signature models of any kind, but is it not ridi****us to buy a copy of a copy - even Slash's favorite Les Paul is not a Les Paul. I mean does that not tell you something ?

Even more ridi****us Gibson is selling them. My Tabaco burst 01 standard does what I want it to do . Does not make me write better songs or play better if it had Slash's name on it. Funny the only thing you guys say you don't like about is the Slash logo scribble. Why not buy a nice Les Paul ?No dis , just weird for me, each to their own, just read the gtr mag about this one, kinda weird.[/quote']

Ok.

Check out his website.

He has plenty of nice les pauls. [lol]

Thanks god. [biggrin]

Whoobla, why don't you create your own thread instead of crapping all over this guy's new guitar thread? Ironic how you don't get signature Les Pauls but fail to see the Les Paul, itself, is a signature guitar.

dude the Les Paul came from Les Paul - he created the Les Paul. Took years. Eric Clapton did not create the Strat nor did Slash create the Les Paul. The Derrig Les Paul is a killer copy, like my Tokai, Epi. Neither are true Les Pauls. Which many have dumped on here. The copy. So now the "copy" is okay if Gibson makes it? Like I said, no disrepect. Just getting a feel for what these apparent Les Paul owners are thinking about Gibson copying a copy to sell. Duh

Do we really need the name "Slash" , and i'm hard into gnr , slash, etc . Got the new album, yes I do. But why not a slash spec guitar?

I figure if your gonna put the cash into a signature Les Paul you gotta have the balls to play it live . I'm sure buddy is okay - you , I don't know ?

No disrespect ' date=' not into signature models of any kind, but is it not ridi****us to buy a copy of a copy - even Slash's favorite Les Paul is not a Les Paul. I mean does that not tell you something ?

Even more ridi****us Gibson is selling them. My Tabaco burst 01 standard does what I want it to do . Does not make me write better songs or play better if it had Slash's name on it. Funny the only thing you guys say you don't like about is the Slash logo scribble. Why not buy a nice Les Paul ?No dis , just weird for me, each to their own, just read the gtr mag about this one, kinda weird.[/quote']

Just feel the need to clear something up.... Did I buy it because I'm a fan of Slash ?...Absolutely, but I also have many other Les Pauls that do not have his name on there (12 including the 4 Slash model LP's)... I do find it amusing that it's a copy of a copy which was part of my interest in it....Also it came with the new Slash signature pickups and different capacitors in it than previous models.