Gibson Brands Forums

Any news about different finishes?

adlikesepics

I think the Dusk Tiger looks pretty terrible. I think the next step should be to bring out a choice of new finishes. Maybe one like the Dark Fire, a dark blue one, black one obviously, and white??? Maybe stay away from burst finishes so its still a unique part of the range. And definitely get rid of the mirrored bit.

Anyone heard or read anything about if Gibson have made plans to change the finish?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

its called the dusk tiger for a reason. the guitar is meant to look like a tiger, not a dark fire.

it just wouldnt make any sense to give a guitar that looks like a tiger a gold top finish. dont expect any changes

in the look. IMO I think the guitar looks really bad. but it looks amazing because its so unique. if you want a

"good" looking guitar just get a dark fire or robot

• 2 weeks later...

The Dusk Tiger comes in one finish. I must say, I love mine. It really looks better in person than in any video/picture.

AS far as different finishes of a Robot guitar, did you see these?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Standard-2010-Limited.aspx

They are not as versatile as the Dusk Tiger, but close.

I was told by a gibson rep that the Tiger had more presets and software support.

Now that's confusing and unfortunate if true. Why would a more expensive and newer model be less capable? I can understand not bundling other companies products (software) but reducing the functionality. Odd...

I look foreward to seeing end user reviews. I know they have started showing up in people's hands.

Archived