Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
S t e v e

the world's greatest living guitarist?

Warren Haynes is still alive so no contest.

yeh i saw a video that neo posted yesterday...great stuff' date=' i even looked to see if he was on tour over here in the uk but nothing yet [cool

Probabaly hasn't been discovered' date=' yet...and...may never be?

The rest is just opinion, and/or preference(s). ;>)

CB[/quote']

spot on [thumbup]

IMO, the best living guitarist could come from this group: Jeff Beck, Adrian Belew, Robert Fripp, Mark Knoffler, Derek Trucks, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Tommy Emmanuel, Kenny Burrell, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, or Guthrie Govan. I'm not a fan of shredding, but you've got to hand it to those on this list for being great talents.

I'm far from an expert so I won't even begin to act like I should be a judge on that topic but Dean DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots, various side projects) is definitely my favorite.

yeh i saw a video that neo posted yesterday...great stuff' date=' i even looked to see if he was on tour over here in the uk but nothing yet [cool']

If you ever get a chance to see Warren - make sure you do, amazing I just saw him do two nights over in San Fransisco it was amazing one night was all electric the next acoustic stuff mostly still can't decide what was better.

what the h3!l no hendrix. none of the mane that changed rock music as we know it clearly there is no hope for you people

[lol]#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Greatest living guitarist.

what the h3!l no hendrix. none of the mane that changed rock music as we know it clearly there is no hope for you people

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Ummmm... Greatest Living Guitarist... [crying] [crying] #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Unless you have some information you want to share about his whereabouts that the rest of the world doesn't know' date=' there is no hope for you [biggrin

I can't say just one, and many of who I'd say have been mentioned already. I'll add Scotty Moore to the list. He may have had his prime long before most of us here was born, but there's something there to learn from for just about any guitar player. Things like style and class.