Gibson Brands Forums

Pelham Blue Les Paul Custom

kerpalalexander23

Yeah' date=' that's slick!

Get a skinny ring for the middle pickup, and crank it down as far as it'll go.

That's the ONLY way the gold finish will survive on the middle PU.[/quote']

thanks for that tip. Thats the only bummer with those 3 pickups is that the middle one is always in the way of getting scratched up. looks like its off to classical lessons for me!!

Very nice. I would love to see many more pics of this beauty.

I have an aged pelham blue '68 chambered custom (as does BIGBENDS - check out his pics), and near my neck joint, a little bit of pelham blue is peeking through the laquer.

Yeah' date=' that's slick!

Get a skinny ring for the middle pickup, and crank it down as far as it'll go.

That's the ONLY way the gold finish will survive on the middle PU.[/quote']

???????????[confused] [confused] [confused] [confused] [confused]

Hey kerpalalexander23, why does the les paul in your avatar look so weird? What I mean is in the picture it looks like the upper and lower bouts look to be the same width, the bridge looks to be almost parallel to the tail piece, and what's up with the control knobs? Is it just lens skew?

It's the shoes....

???????????[confused] [confused] [confused] [confused] [confused]

The middle pickup interferes with most peoples picking, plucking, strumming.

Gold finish is terribly fragile.

The middle pickup ring can be replaced with a thinner one, same as used for the neck pickup.

This will allow the middle PU to be dropped down further, flush with the skinny ring.

Gets it out of the way for strumming (it's usually not used anyhow) and preserves the gold finish.

If you decide to use the middle PU, grab a screwdriver and raise it up again.

Takes only seconds to do.

That advice is worth every penny you paid for it!

:D/

Hey kerpalalexander23' date=' why does the les paul in your avatar look so weird? What I mean is in the picture it looks like the upper and lower bouts look to be the same width, the bridge looks to be almost parallel to the tail piece, and what's up with the control knobs? Is it just lens skew?[/quote']

its a gibson les paul custom lite. i just took the picture from a wierd angle. The toggle switch next to the volume knob on the bridge pickup is actually a coil tap switch that came stock with these guitars. The color is metallic sunset. its a killer guitar and i really like the different tones i can get with that coil tap

Archived