Gibson Brands Forums

Lets See your Man caves!

zombiebear

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had near as much as any of you [cool] I have one electric guitar and I play 10 to 12 hours a day.

its a 1966 gibson SG. And it broke me.

I had to sell a fender squire to help pay for it lol.. leaving me with one electric guitar and a small amp.

man what I would do with equipment like your guys's.. I have so many ideas!

I like to compare the photos of R9 room and Blackie shots which look like a science experiment that went bad. Sadly I have three rooms of my own A Music Room 14' x 15' a nice hobby/art room 14'x14' with a attached private bathroom and a three car garage and it still is crowded and looks more like Blackie the R9 [biggrin]

I like to compare the photos of R9 room and Blackie shots which look like a science experiment that went bad. Sadly I have three rooms of my own A Music Room 14' x 15' a nice hobby/art room 14'x14' with a attached private bathroom and a three car garage and it still is crowded and looks more like Blackie the R9 [biggrin]

I was looking at all that electronic gadgetry' date=' thinking "holy cow...." until I saw [b']Simon[/b] in the drawer!

:D/

Nice place Dave!

Gotta have a Simon, how else would I keep my short term memory and motor skills in shape... :-

Djroge1; Yes that is a 70's Mini Moog I bought in the early 80's... It used to belong to Andy Gibb, I have the original Anvil flight case that it came with that has Gibb stenciled on the cover.... Just behind the Moog is an ARP 2600 which was built in 1972 and is serial number 260014, which is the 14th unit built.

I had the Mini Moog modified for midi by Studio Electronics in Los Angeles so it receives all midi controllers allowing me to program it with my computer. The oscillators back then were pretty unstable as far a going out of tune so it's real nice to be able to program the bass part in a sequencer, hit play and record. Nothing sounds like a mini moog for fat analog bass and synth sounds....

Well I had plans on my mancave as my children moved out of the house. My daughter moved out of the small bedroom but the wife decided she really needed a walk in closet. So I waited. Then both my sons moved out within months of each other freeing up the large bedroom. I've been collecting rock memorabilia for some time (concert posters, picks, ticket stubs etc) and I started to sift through it all and frame things as my room was gonna become a reality. But no. Now we have 2 young grandsons that visit and they need a bedroom/playroom when they sleep over. sigh.

I can't complain though my wife never fusses when I bring home a new guitar in fact she encourages my collection.

But someday......

Well I had plans on my mancave as my children moved out of the house. My daughter moved out of the small bedroom but the wife decided she really needed a walk in closet. So I waited. Then both my sons moved out within months of each other freeing up the large bedroom. I've been collecting rock memorabilia for some time (concert posters' date=' picks, ticket stubs etc) and I started to sift through it all and frame things as my room was gonna become a reality. But no. Now we have 2 young grandsons that visit and they need a bedroom/playroom when they sleep over. sigh.

I can't complain though my wife never fusses when I bring home a new guitar in fact she encourages my collection.

[/quote']

I'd say thats better than having a mancave.

Well I had plans on my mancave as my children moved out of the house. My daughter moved out of the small bedroom but the wife decided she really needed a walk in closet. So I waited. Then both my sons moved out within months of each other freeing up the large bedroom. I've been collecting rock memorabilia for some time (concert posters' date=' picks, ticket stubs etc) and I started to sift through it all and frame things as my room was gonna become a reality. But no. Now we have 2 young grandsons that visit and they need a bedroom/playroom when they sleep over. sigh.

But someday......[/quote']

Your time will come, patience will pay off....

I wish I had near as much as any of you :P I have one electric guitar and I play 10 to 12 hours a day.

its a 1966 gibson SG. And it broke me.

I had to sell a fender squire to help pay for it lol.. leaving me with one electric guitar and a small amp.

man what I would do with equipment like your guys's.. I have so many ideas!

As long as you play' date=' i wouldn't worry about anything else :']

Gotta have a Simon' date=' how else would I keep my short term memory and motor skills in shape... :P

Djroge1; Yes that is a 70's Mini Moog I bought in the early 80's... It used to belong to Andy Gibb, I have the original Anvil flight case that it came with that has Gibb stenciled on the cover.... Just behind the Moog is an ARP 2600 which was built in 1972 and is serial number 260014, which is the 14th unit built.

I had the Mini Moog modified for midi by Studio Electronics in Los Angeles so it receives all midi controllers allowing me to program it with my computer. The oscillators back then were pretty unstable as far a going out of tune so it's real nice to be able to program the bass part in a sequencer, hit play and record. Nothing sounds like a mini moog for fat analog bass and synth sounds....

[/quote']

That's awesome. Mini Moogs are so cool. My friend/bandmate is waiting on a Moog Prodigy. He has to wait for the 35 day police hold to expire. It's a cool synth though.

My 10x12 is so messy a pix would be embarrassing.

Half a dozen guitars, a mandolin, banjo, fiddle, 2 amps, 2 mike stands, 3 computer stations, 4 desks, reenactor outfits. Boom box that plugs into the computer, a firearm or two... and all the junk that goes along with the above.

Sheesh. I think it's time to "downsize."

m

I don't have a "man cave"

I have a "woman ca...." oh wait that sounds weird........

you know what I mean........I'll post pics later.

<Heavy sigh>

I can't.....

And Yoda' date=' I apologize for even being tempted....

[biggrin

Please do post pics of the area that your guitars and gear are kept in for the forum to see!

Are Nine...

I'd have to add some nice comfy rugs and various gear/band related paraphanalia on the walls.

Yeah' date=' looks awfully "sterile" which is why I made the IKEA comment.

:-)

I thought [i']my place[/i] looked so "un-rock n roll" and clean and tidy - to keep the wife off my ***.

[biggrin]

Tim's looks like an art gallery by comparison.

Blackie's place is the one I would love to see in person - if it was well-lit and ventilated....

That's awesome. Mini Moogs are so cool. My friend/bandmate is waiting on a Moog Prodigy. He has to wait for the 35 day police hold to expire. It's a cool synth though.

Excellent synth the Prodigy, I had one too but sold it to a friend...

Djroge1; Yes that is a 70's Mini Moog I bought in the early 80's... It used to belong to Andy Gibb' date=' I have the original Anvil flight case that it came with that has Gibb stenciled on the cover.... Just behind the Moog is an ARP 2600 which was built in 1972 and is serial number 260014, which is the 14th unit built.

[/quote']

What a cool story about your Moog! Truly a keeper and yeah they are great for those analog bass ans synth sounds. I can hear it now... "Here we are. In a room full of strangers.... Blaming it all on the nights of Broadway..."

In fact I was at GC last night playing around with one of the new Moog Litty Phatty I think it's called. I want an analog synth so bad...

What a cool story about your Moog! Truly a keeper and yeah they are great for those analog bass ans synth sounds. I can hear it now... "Here we are. In a room full of strangers.... Blaming it all on the nights of Broadway..."

In fact I was at GC last night playing around with one of the new Moog Litty Phatty I think it's called. I want an analog synth so bad...

The Little Phatty is a cool little keyboard. It's very practical ones you get to know it. I still prefer the old ones though.

Archived