Gibson Brands Forums

new epiphone sg help

dcollver

ok so for my birthday i got a sg g-400, i love it its awesome.

but the pick-ups are loose. both of them,they can wobble back and forth and sooner or later they will get loose i think, i dont want to mess anything up so i dont touch it but what do i do? see i dont know much about the guitar itself, just changing the strings is it. i can play well but dont know much guitars. what do i do? take it to my local music mart?

They are usually suspended on screws that compress springs.

Allows some movement, but they shouldn't be flopping around.

Depending on where you bought it, I'm not sure what to tell you.

If you've never seen how they're assembled, I don't recommend pulling a pickup ring off to see.

If you get brave, next time the strings are off you can pull the four screws at the corners of the pickup ring.

Don't touch the ones in the middle (suspension screws) until you get the assembly out of the guitar.

Once you can see the underside, you may be able to see what went wrong.

I don't know what they're doing with the Epiphones now that's any different than the past.

They're a whole other animal, far removed from the Gibsons in many respects.

Asian production, I can't keep up with whatever they're doing now.

Honestly, you may have better luck in the Epi forum with the guys that own that particular model.

Try this;

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=forum

They are usually suspended on screws that compress springs.

Allows some movement' date=' but they shouldn't be flopping around. ...[/quote']

Are they "loose" as Neo has described, because that's normal. If you don't like that much looseness - some guys cut foam/sponge to lay in the route on either side of the bracket to hold the pups more steady.

Archived