Gibson Brands Forums

i want a jackson...

S t e v e

I had a nice Jackson I stumbled on in a pawn shop.......was missing the trem arm.....but I didn't mind.....had the fine tuners and locking nut

and the action was killer. Went back to another pawn shop, such is the need for a blast at the time.

You tuned to B last year? lol

hey G' date=' yea i had the jem in drop b before but it's just too much hassle when i want it back in standard because of the rose trem! i'm looking for a cheapish shredder minus the floyd rose...and that jackson fits the bill [cool

Whatever you get (Jackson or Ibanez) make sure it's made in Japan or USA. Korean is good. I'm pretty sure the Ibanez Prestige line is MIK.

hi mate' date=' MIK? is that made in korea? sorry for my stupidity [blush, my rg770dx prestige is made in japan :-k, but tbh if i don't mind the jackson being made in korea because all i want it for is to use and abuse [biggrin]

hi mate' date=' MIK? is that made in korea? sorry for my stupidity [biggrin'], my rg770dx prestige is made in japan [cool], but tbh if i don't mind the jackson being made in korea because all i want it for is to use and abuse :-k

You are correct sir, made in Korea. I'm not sure any jackson's come from Korea. Lately, all the cheap ones are China/Indonesia/Vietnam. That's why I suggested the SLSMG. sleek, fast action and made in Japan. It's a great guitar. I'd love to get one but I got an LTD FM 400 a few months ago that was all the same features.

I know it's not a Jackson but I had a Charvel Jackson Model 4 which I bought new. When ever I played it at a gig, I always felt like a total prat. I didn't have the long hair or spandex and I think it only goes with 80s rock (where as I was always into 70s rock). Maybe they'll come back into fashion again (or are they already back?).

P12010003.jpg

Archived