Gibson Brands Forums

Chicago Area- Lollapalooza

Silenced Fred

Anyone going?

I want to boycott since Lady Gag-me is playing, but I really want to see The Black Keys, Green Day (one of the first bands I listened to, shut up Murph...) Soundgarden, Wolfmother, AFI, and Switchfoot, I hope at least some of them play on the same day, so I can just buy a one day pass...

Any other good bands people like who are gonna be there?

Last time I went to Lollapalooza, Primus was headlining but Alice in Chains straight stole the show. Fishbone was super cool but never really found popularity.

Also on the line up was an Up and Coming little metal band called Rage Against the Machine.

if I was you I'd go, there was plenty of band I didn't want to see then, I just strolled over to the Small Stage and watched the Nameless Local Talent rip it up with all their heart. When Lady Ga-Ga takes the stage (and you feel like leaving that scene full of gyrating young women [cool] ) I bet there will be something there to captivate your attention on the grounds somewhere, probably something you've never seen before. [lol]

Last time I went to Lollapalooza' date=' Primus was headlining but Alice in Chains straight stole the show. Fishbone was super cool but never really found popularity.

Also on the line up was an Up and Coming little metal band called Rage Against the Machine.

if I was you I'd go, there was plenty of band I didn't want to see then, I just strolled over to the Small Stage and watched the Nameless Local Talent rip it up with all their heart. When Lady Ga-Ga takes the stage (and you feel like leaving that scene full of gyrating young women [cool ) I bet there will be something there to captivate your attention on the grounds somewhere, probably something you've never seen before. :-

I hate her music! I figure there will probably be plenty of other gyrating women somewhere [lol]

That's what I'm thinking, not sure if I should get three day, or just single day pass though, I'll wait and see

They still have Lollapalooza? Man' date=' I live in a hole.

That's cool that the Black Keys are playing. I finally saw them for the first time last summer. They killed it.[/quote']

That's what I have heard, that they are even better live. I really like em, I have to listen to them more, but so far, they kick ***!

I hate her music! I figure there will probably be plenty of other gyrating women somewhere [lol]

That's what I'm thinking' date=' not sure if I should get three day, or just single day pass though, I'll wait and see

[/quote']

If they still do it like they used to, the Small Stage will be rockin' (and so will the Women). [cool] Do you know if they still put on the Freak Shows and Weird stuff on the side? Some of that can be gross, but some is downright entertaining.

If they still do it like they used to' date=' the Small Stage will be rockin' (and so will the Women). [thumbup'] Do you know if they still put on the Freak Shows and Weird stuff on the side? Some of that can be gross, but some is downright entertaining.

Never been before. Last summer after high school for me, so I will probably end up going, just need to get more people to go. I am kind of going for the small stage, Not too many big acts I wanna see

I have always wanted to go to lolla but my concert buddy can't make it. Love Chicago as well' date=' cool place and great pizza.[/quote']

My mom says I need to get someone else to go, which I completely agree with, but nobody else wants to spend the money [biggrin]

[biggrin]

Lady Gaga is playing Lollapalooza?!?

I must admit, I'm at a loss for words...

It sounds as though a once great ROCK festival has now outlived its usefulness...

At this pace, Brittney Spears will be headlining next year.

[lol]

Lady Gaga is playing Lollapalooza?!?

I must admit' date=' I'm at a loss for words...

It sounds as though a once great ROCK festival has now outlived its usefulness...

At this pace, Brittney Spears will be headlining next year.

[/quote']

It's turning into a soft "alternative" pop concert. Still a few good bands playing, but the number is rapidly decreasing. I think I'm gonna go seeing as this could be the last good year

At your age I highly recommend the three day pass. Go the whole time and enjoy yourself. Tell your mom it's OK. You're an adult. This year I would check out Social D, the National, Grizzly Bear, Spoon, Drive by Truckers, Blitzen Trapper, The Big Pink, and Mavis Staples.

I remember the first one in Chicago back in 2005. One of the best festivals I have been to; hanging out, checking out the freaks, enjoying illegal substances, and digging the bands. That year the Brian Jonestown Massacre jammed out with the Dandy Warhols and Arcade Fire put on an incredible set. 2008 was the last year I went. For an old guy like me the new, no-room-to-move crowds are too much. In 2008 the girls were sloppy and the dudes were skanky.

At your age I highly recommend the three day pass. Go the whole time and enjoy yourself. Tell your mom it's OK. You're an adult. This year I would check out Social D' date=' the National, Grizzly Bear, Spoon, Drive by Truckers, Blitzen Trapper, The Big Pink, and Mavis Staples.

I remember the first one in Chicago back in 2005. One of the best festivals I have been to; hanging out, checking out the freaks, enjoying illegal substances, and digging the bands. That year the Brian Jonestown Massacre jammed out with the Dandy Warhols and Arcade Fire put on an incredible set. 2008 was the last year I went. For an old guy like me the new, no-room-to-move crowds are too much. In 2008 the girls were sloppy and the dudes were skanky.[/quote']

That's what I'm thinking. Not too much into the illegal substances, but 3 days of music does sound good. The only thing is the money. I need a job...

Archived