Gibson Brands Forums

Any Basses You Parted With, And Wish You Haden't?

sgbass

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had on '08 Ric 4003 and it was modded with Sergio Silva pups (he is supposed to be the man when it comes to winding Ric pups) and the neck pup was moved to the 1/2 inch spacing like a 4001. It sounded good but I just didn't think it was the bee's knee's like some Ric aficionados think.

Rics are one of those Axes, Like em', or hate em'. Not to much in between. I've played a 4001, and a 4003 at the same time to compare between the two, and I like the sound of the 4003 over the 4001. At least playing those two particular basses, and my far from good hearing.

• 1 month later...

I parted with a Rickenbacker 4001 several years ago and miss it from time to time.

That said, I replaced it with a better Rickenbacker 4001 so I'm not exactly suffering. I'd just rather have 2 Rics, LOL. ;)

I parted with a Rickenbacker 4001 several years ago and miss it from time to time.

That said, I replaced it with a better Rickenbacker 4001 so I'm not exactly suffering. I'd just rather have 2 Rics, LOL. ;)

I've done the same with Ric 4003's. :rolleyes:

Not being a bassist I don't frequent this corner of the site much but I had a '71 (first year) Fender Musicmaster Bass. # 321888 if you ever see it.

Bought it sometime in the early '80s ('83?) and sold it about 20 years later to pay part of the rent. I think I got around £60 ($90) for it.

Warm white (by then!) with white pearloid scratchplate.

It was pretty crap, of course, but still....I'd quite like to have it back.

P.

Not being a bassist I don't frequent this corner of the site much but I had a '71 (first year) Fender Musicmaster Bass. # 321888 if you ever see it.

Bought it sometime in the early '80s ('83?) and sold it about 20 years later to pay part of the rent. I think I got around £60 ($90) for it.

Warm white (by then!) with white pearloid scratchplate.

It was pretty crap, of course, but still....I'd quite like to have it back.

P.

Nice bass to have to kept. But, like an old Roadie sez', Gear comes, and Gear goes.

• 2 weeks later...

With ALL the basses I've parted with, I'd like to think they led me to my three I'm playing, and liking a lot now. It really is a Long And Winding Road. [thumbup]

• 1 month later...

With ALL the basses I've parted with, I'd like to think they led me to my three I'm playing, and liking a lot now. It really is a Long And Winding Road. [thumbup]

So did you part with the Fiery Redhead? I recently added a blond to family and parted with the satin cream EB.

So did you part with the Fiery Redhead? I recently added a blond to family and parted with the satin cream EB.

Yeah,………….. I just like my Gibson, and Fenders better.

I was wondering because I thought about the nylons on the Ric; but, figured it would change the sound that makes a Ric a Ric.

I like the sound of the Ric with the Nylons, the over all feel of the Ric didn't feel as good as a Jazz, to me anyway.

Archived