Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dleth

Brand spanking new R0

Hi all,

I just picked up my new 1960 Custom Shop VOS reissue R0.

I can't believe I have it.

I'm a little biased but to me it is the most beautiful and nicest player I've ever seen first hand.

When I opened the shipping box at the store the sales people started to gather around and issued a collective WOW. One of the nicest to go through that shop.

Any picture I post cannot do it justice. The finish is actually 3 dimensional. It looks like the tiger stripes have about a 1/4 of depth with a deep liquid finish.

I hope my photos work out.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Her name is Ruby

Wow....

She is frigging beautiful...

Absolutely astonishing.

Congratz

But what is with the MADE IN JAPAN (MIJ) Les Paul Custom?

Hi all' date='

When I opened the shipping box at the store the sales people started to gather around and issued a collective WOW.

[/quote']

Thats the effect all Gibsons should have...[biggrin]

The MIJ is a guitar I bought as a 17 year old.

Wonderful guitar made in the Kasuga factory. Incredible workmanship. Over 30 years old and still a great player and in near mint shape.Only problem is the bolt on neck. Otherwise a rival for many much higher priced guitars.

Here's a pic.

DSCF0613.jpg

DSCF0618.jpg

Unfortunately these pics were taken before a good polishing. If interested, I'll take some new pics

Dave

hmm.. gotcha now....

Its really something though the R0

I though they stopped offering the reissues with lifton cases?

i was a little concerned that it would be shipped with the standard black case but was very pleasantly surprised that it came with the vintage case.

The sales person said the case alone would cost around $600 alone to replace. Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't much matter. I got the whole vintage package.

I guess its time to update my profile and avatar.

Are Nine,

I tried to e-mail you and PM you regarding pricing but the address was someone else.

It doesn't matter really.

I paid $5550 Canadian. Cheaper than the American prices I saw and the shop is 5 minutes away from my workplace.

Ordered through L & M.

Apparently the 60's neck vintage series are no longer being produced except for the 50th anniversary which were not available when I ordered.

No matter. I love what I have. I'm not collecting. I'm just finally able to get what I really want.

Dave

Wow that top/finish is beautiful. A definite congrats. Do they put those needles under the knobs so that you can more accurately turn it? Also, are you able to buy those? I would like to stick some under the knobs of my gibson lp (when I get it).

Thanks,

Sam

Are Nine' date='

I tried to e-mail you and PM you regarding pricing but the address was someone else.

[/quote']

Yup. You emailed and PM'ed me.

Are Nine' date='

I paid $5550 Canadian. Cheaper than the American prices I saw and the shop is 5 minutes away from my workplace.

Ordered through L & M.

Apparently the 60's neck vintage series are no longer being produced except for the 50th anniversary which were not available when I ordered.

No matter. I love what I have. I'm not collecting. I'm just finally able to get what I really want.

Dave

[/quote']

That's a nice guitar but I sure couldn't afford a new one! The American price was probably higher because our dollar is worth less than yours (unless you already took that into account).

That's a nice top.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

This guitar is absolutely stunning in person.

The tone and playability is incredible.

I gave her a good run this evening and I actually had goose bumps.

The easiest guitar I've ever played.

I've found THE one.

Dave

I'm not jealous or anything....

:D

Just from the pics, I would have to say that's what the perfect Les Paul would be - in my opinion.

Good on ya!