Gibson Brands Forums

All this Clapton is not good

Andre S

Its making me GAS for a Fender Strat instead of another Gibson....

I've a question about the American Standard Strat, can the Tremolo Arm unscrew?

I'm really loving that strat sound from Old Love...well that one especially..

A nice black strat with a maple fingerboard, or the grey with a maple board....hmmm

any pics anyone? :-k

Its making me GAS for a Fender Strat instead of another Gibson....

I've a question about the American Standard Strat' date=' can the Tremolo Arm unscrew?

[/quote']

I was wondering because a friend of mine's behringer guitar has a floyd rose type tremolo, and since I'm accustomed to resting my palm on the bridge of my LP, I found it uncomfortable to rest it on the FR when the tremolo is in.

I know that on our boy's 2004 Deluxe Strat the arm just popped in.

Several differences on that guitar that make it worth the extra bucks.

On the American Standard line it screwed in, as on all three of my Strats.

On the new ones now, I don't know how it works.

Traditionally, the arm threads in - screw it in as far as it will go (EASY!) then back it off a couple turns.

Blackie!

I know!

Its so pretty and looks so classic!!!!

I would get the Eric Clapton Strat but two things.

Its too pricey

I want to make electronics to what I want, but I also include some what Clapton has.

Whoa! One of the Clapton Strats is 1600 now!

It used to be 2200 or around there!!!!

Watch Bonamassa at the Royal Albert Hall - trading licks on his Les Paul with Eric Clapton on his strat.

It cured me - the LP sounds better to me (and I have a Strat)

Dont forget the little black screw inside the trem cavity if you unscrew the arm...

Claptons best tone IMO was his Beano tone. I really find his Strat tone very generic...doesnt stand out.

Also, Erics Strats have a V shaped neck...takes a tad getting used to.

I've a question about the American Standard Strat' date=' can the Tremolo Arm unscrew?

[biggrin

As the others have said, yes it just unscrews, but remember when you unscrew it and take it off there is a tiny little spring in the hole that can fall out. A lot of people don't seem to be aware of that screw. I put a little piece of duck tape over the hole when I remove the tremolo arm so I don't lose the screw. I also carry a few spare springs in my case. The little spring does make a difference. Without it the tremolo arm does not adjust into position properly.

Dont forget the little black screws inside the trem cavity if you unscrew the arm...

Claptons best tone IMO was his Beano tone. I really find his Strat tone very generic...doesnt stand out.

Also' date=' Erics Strats have a V shaped neck...takes a tad getting used to.[/quote']

Oh no, I don't plan on getting his sig

I want the option of having the tremolo and changing the electronics to what I want.

...The little spring does make a difference. Without it the tremolo arm does not adjust into position properly.

I lost the spring to my tremolo assembly, so I went to Guitar Center for a replacement. I couldn't get the the young lady behind the counter to understand what I was looking for. She finally suggested I get one from a hardware store.

I lost the spring to my tremolo assembly' date=' so I went to Guitar Center for a replacement. I couldn't get the the young lady behind the counter to understand what I was looking for. She finally suggested I get one from a hardware store.

Another satisfied Guitar Center customer!

Look at it this way - at the hardware store, somebody probably knows what they're looking at.

:-)

Another satisfied Guitar Center customer!

Look at it this way - at the hardware store' date=' somebody probably knows what they're looking at.

:-)

[/quote']

OR, at the very least, would be willing to go FIND someone, that DID know?! Not so, in too many

Guitar Center's, unfortunately. And, we wonder why so much of "Retail" in America, is in the s..thole?!

;>b

CB

Archived