Gibson Brands Forums

All this Clapton is not good

Andre S

Another satisfied Guitar Center customer!

Look at it this way - at the hardware store' date=' somebody probably knows what they're looking at.

:-)

[/quote']

Lol

But how do you lose the spring? Isn't it attached from the bridge plate to the guitar in the back?

A lot of people don't seem to be aware of that screw. I put a little piece of duck tape over the hole when I remove the tremolo arm so I don't lose the screw. I also carry a few spare springs in my case. The little spring does make a difference. Without it the tremolo arm does not adjust into position properly.

I cut a small piece out of a fridge magnet and put ot over the hole.

Is this wise?

One of the guys in the guitar club in school who has a squier strat recently told me that when he travels and he takes his guitar he unscrews the neck and puts the neck and body in the suitcase inbetween clothes.

This is for like 8hr flights as well

When he arrives he said he assembles it again

Other than using a whole lotta strings (if you can't reuse the old ones) is this ok to do?

This is my '70's american reissue, I've changed it to a black pickguard and fat '50's pups. Also i swaped the neck to a maple that was on a Swamp Ash '70's American. That ws the only way to get the black and maple without paying for a custom shop job. i saved about $1500 and have a 2nd. guitar out side the country. Thanks Fender lol!!!!!

IMG_0209.jpg

I don't think that spring is in any of my Strats.

I'll survive.

:-)

I don't have the little trem spring in my strats either. I use a bit of plumbers teflon tape on the threads of the trem arm if i don't want the arm to just flop around. Works great, and no worries about the spring.

This is for like 8hr flights as well

When he arrives he said he assembles it again

Keeps it from getting broke, so I guess it's cool as long as the screw holes for the neck don't get stripped.

More trem springs changes the way it feels.

Can't really provide details myself, I've never experimented with it.

As a matter of fact, I would need to pull the rear covers on mine.

I don't remember how many springs are on them.

I don't think that spring is in any of my Strats.

Neo . . . . Fender sell little packets or 10 or 12 of those trem springs, and they don't cost much. Might be worth getting hold of a pack and just trying them out to see what you think.

Quite often when you buy a new strat the spring has already been lost, although they put a little sticker over the spring hole at the factory now.

Archived