Gibson Brands Forums

Why Are Vampires So Popular Lately?

Murph

All these Vampire shows are lame. It is essentially recycled 90210/Melrose Place scripts except they are vampires. Uber lame! Give me Interview w/ a Vampire or John Carpenter's Vampire or Nosferatu (German original).

Hot Topic is raking in lotsa money from this fad. F-ing teenagers (excluding Fred and Xdemon)

Well...Bram Stoker knew what he was doing in his depiction of Count Dracula.

If you haven't seen F.W. Murnau's Nosferatu, you're missing out on a truly interesting and unsettling vampire film. If you haven't seen Werner Herzog's remake (with Klaus Kinski as Count Dracula,) then you haven't yet seen how neat vampires can really be.

All of this Gothic romance stuff is pretty obnoxious though--a genre of melodramatic supernatural romance has existed for quite some time, and none of it very good (although if you want to know the truth, Dark Shadows wasn't very bad.) For some reason, most writers/artists/creators fail to make vampires truly interesting. They don't recognize that, when utilized well, they can be rather terrifying. I suppose I don't like or understand Twilight, True Blood, or The Vampire Diaries.

But whatever.

mAN .........YOU can't expect me to be able to read anything at this point................OK look there are vampires out there...........

but it is not your blood they take...........it is your time and life etc, that they want from you ,,,,,beware those people..........

Hot Topic is raking in lotsa money from this fad. F-ing teenagers (excluding Fred and Xdemon)

[biggrin]

I have a couple of twilight shirts.... [cool]#-o :- [lol]

I'm kidding, I really am. I have only seen the first movie, and a girl took me. Couldn't say no, didn't really watch it though :-$

Archived