Gibson Brands Forums

A own personal custom LP ?

Divjcd

Hello guys !

I was wondering if it was possible to order a guitar with your own specs, I mean, I love LPs with P-90 or Mini-hum but most of the time they are collectible ones, not new ones, so expensive and maybe not the best thing to play with during a gig...

My dream would be a wine red LP with Mini-hum and Bigsby (Close to a Deluxe afterall !)

So I heard that the Custom Shop WAS able to do that kind of thing, but is it STILL possible ?? And if yes, what must I do ?

Thank you [lol]

HAHAHA if you're right I'm ****ed !

But I can understand that it's way more expensive for them if everyone asks for a Custom model... Anyway I will ask to a local dealer to see what he knows ! ;)

• 4 months later...

I know people who apparently have ordered individually customised guitars before from Gibson, but I heard a while ago that the Custom Shop no longer does this and only makes their catalogue of guitars. Is this true?

What sort of price range would an individual custom order be if they still do it?

Hey guys !

I asked to an official dealer here in France, he tells me it's something like 200 Euros (270 bucks) more, for example, you choose a LP Studio + 200 Euros for a personalized one !

Not that expensive ! Maybe even cheaper in the US !?

But anyway I changed my mind lol I'll probably go for a Black Beauty with 3 pick-ups plus Bigsby !

Thank you all !

Probably 200€ would be the fee for getting a bog standard guitar fitted with different pickups or a bigsby or something, something that a guitar tech could do on any guitar aftermarket; but it'd probably be more for picking and choosing woods and non-standard inlays and things like that. I just watched a video on youtube of a guitar that apparently has a blue "AAAAAA-grade" quilted maple top, some rare wood fretboard, things like that, apparently from Gibson custom shop and apparently cost him $25,000 to have made.

bullshit. you can order at sc whenever you want whatever you want. how do you think stars are getting their personalized models? by ordering at least 25 same guitars?!

I know people who did it (US residents). the question is "are you sure to afford the double price to get your own model?" you have to contact directly gibson for details.

Honnestly I don't know regarding woods or inlays etc... The guy didn't ask me so much details ! Even no details at all ! lol He just said a personnalized one is 200e more...

But of course I can guess if you want more expensive woods or details such as inlays you will probably pay more... It depends on the basis model you want anyway ! So maybe you still pay 200e more, but the guitar is more expensive... See what I mean ?

I don't have a clue ! In my case I was interested only by different pick ups and paint :P

Archived