Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff-7

Hoping this doesn't make me look too foolish

Are push pull pots a common feature on the new sg standards? I bought my new standard a month and a half ago and was jamming a bit with my friend comparing our sg's. His volume knobs don't have the push pull feature, think his is a 2002 or 2004 model. Just wondering if I got something out of the ordinary here.

The push-pulls come on the new white Standards like the one that you have. Those are very cool guitars. I love the way the finish yellows over time.

The push-pull is not a standard feature on the new Standards. Yours is a slightly different model.

How do you like your SG? I have an '06 and I absolutely love it. It is such a great guitar. Everyone always compliments how sexy it looks and how great and fat it sounds. My drummer especially loves it lol.

It's a dream to play, absolutely loving it. I had always been an acoustic guy but I would fiddle around on friends electrics - mostly Fenders. I wanted something a little different than what everyone else had. Tried out an SG and fell in love, had to search for months for a white standard (or a place that even sold Gibsons to be quite honest). Everyone tells me how sexy it looks and sounds, my friend I mentioned earlier has an ebony model and he said he immediately wishes he would have seen a white one - he would have bought it instantly.

....that is cool.........it's like buying a new car and after a few weeks realizing it has a couple extra gears.

I can understand how it happened too. When I finally had the money and wanted an SG .....I just walked in the store found one on the wall

and played it a little and took it to the register............

I noticed it when I sat down to try it out before I forked over the cash, my experience with SG's had been very limited so I just thought it was more of a standard thing when I purchased it.