Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thundergod

New Guitar Day

Some pics of my new guitar. I don't like the shape much but I love the finish. Will have to find a kelly and a dinky with the same finish. [blink]

23.jpg

239.jpg

29387.jpg

3298.jpg

398.jpg

More pics tomorrow.

Beautiful guitar Thunder....I had the exact model, only it was all black. It sounded like a Les Paul on steroids.

Jackson, Randy Rhoads Professional.

Gorgeous finish and it looks to be beautifully made, Thunder. Good score.

Do the control knobs and trem arm not get in the way of your fingering, though?

Hey; I'm sure you can cope!

Didn't that 'Tele' belong to someone who used to hang out 'round these parts?

Looking forward to the tonal report, TG.

She's a beaut! I'm always a sucker for a blue guitar anyway, I used to have a KE3 Kelly (Jackson) with a finish kinda like that, except the color was red. LOVED the finish, but functionally it was quite probably the biggest piece of junk (no offense) I've ever "fought". Needless to say it sat until some metalhead from Providence bought it. But, as stated, it did look nice, same swirl effect as your R.R.V.

Didn't that 'Tele' belong to someone who used to hang out 'round these parts?

Looking forward to the tonal report' date=' TG.

[/quote']

Who do I put it... it sounds sick! [cool] Of course I spent the first half hour playing with a cranked high gain amp that would make anything sound sick :D

She's a beaut! I'm always a sucker for a blue guitar anyway' date=' I used to have a KE3 Kelly (Jackson) with a finish kinda like that, except the color was red. LOVED the finish, but functionally it was quite probably the biggest piece of junk (no offense) I've ever "fought". Needless to say it sat until some metalhead from Providence bought it. But, as stated, it did look nice, same swirl effect as your R.R.V.[/quote']

I know... I love the Kelly shape, and I love the finish, but I hate how it only has 1 knob! I need a tone knob! I'll probably be getting a kelly in this finish once I find one tho, that or a dinky, the dinky will be harder to find.

BTW I think that finish is called crinsom swirl, the one on this one is a swirl too [biggrin] "eerie dess swirl" whatever that means.

.... but I hate how it only has 1 knob! I need a tone knob! I'll .....

Nah!!! Just leave all that 'Touch' sh!t for the next number on the list and ROCK ON!!!

Best wishes.