Gibson Brands Forums

Played a Jeff Beck today

I had the opportunity to play a new Jeff Beck Custom today. It played really nice, with great tone. Very reminiscent of my R7 as far as neck feel, maybe even a bit thicker. Did not really care for the Oxblood color too much, looked a little too much like the guitar was polished with a Hershey bar. Anyone else had the pleasure?

I played one... I hope' date=' I sincerely do, but it sounded like ***. The set up was terrible, I played Epi's and it sounded better, but just a little bit. You would think Guitar Center would maybe care about a guitar of that price.[/quote']

So did you play one or not??? This one was set up beautifully, and played great. The JB Custom PuPs, like all JBs take a little getting use to. They NEED to be played loud through a tube amp so you can get the roll off and control the tone. The neck was huge!!! Felt very sturdy in my hands. The Oxblood would take some getting used to, like I said, it looks like it was polished with a hershey bar. And of course, I'm not in a position to drop that kind of money on any guitar. But it was fun.

Archived