Gibson Brands Forums

Game System of Choice?

jimmiJAMM

I've always been a Nintendo loyalist. I do own a PlayStation, and two Genesis consoles, though.

I've considered getting a PlayStation 3 or XBox 360 a few times, but there's really only one or two games for those that I can't get for Wii also.

PC for me too. I haven't bought a console since Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo (whichever one of those came out last). To me, Nintendo games were always the most fun, especially the ones on the NES.

PC' date=' as for a gaming system of the 3 you have as your choices: Zelda or gtfo.[/quote']

Even if I decided I'd rather have one of the others, I'd always end up with a Nintendo console as well just to play Zelda and Mario.

Nothing will replace the PC for me, but out of these I pick the PS3, it's unfair though cause it is sooo much more than just a gaming console. Anyway, I play a lot of FPS games, right now its BF:BC2 for PC, and a keyboard and mouse will own over a controller anyday.

We have a Wii but honestly Ive never put a game in it other than the bowling disk that came with it. If you can't surf with it I really don't see the point. I worked with computers I have no interest in playing with them it's bad enough to be hooked on guitar forums.

We got an old Nintendo in 1998 (10 years late) and it is still the weapon of choice. The kids have used other systems but love Mario. I'm a Tetris/Dr. Mario/Wrecking Crew freak myself.

I was loaned some DVDs with all the old school games on it with an emulator. I think I can go to WalMart and get a universal controller, I just haven't gotten to it.

I think the old Nintendo is dead, or at least the RF converter is. I really got sick of blowing on the pins too.

I'm afraid if I spark up the laptop/dvd/emulator version I will grow mushrooms sitting on the couch.

Started my gaming playing Rebel Assault II on my Mac at work (at lunchtime) back around 1998. Then Goldeneye on N64, then Metal Gear Solid on Playstation. Then Playstation 2, and now PS3 and enjoy my game time very much. I just consider it an entertainment alternative. My Girlfriend prefers books. :-k

I half expected there to be a Neo Geo option.. :-&

The Neo Geo is a cartridge-based arcade and home video game system released in 1990 by Japanese game company SNK. The hardware featured comparatively colorful 2D graphics and high-quality sound. Not bad for it's day, actually.

PS3, although it sh!ts me that devs are not producing their games to run in true 1080p high definition [angry]

The reasons are: Metal Gear Solid 4, Wipeout HD, Uncharted, Gran Tourismo 5, God of War.

Archived