Gibson Brands Forums

Can any at Gibson Confirm this

tazzboy

The flooding is/was bad in some areas, Opry Mills was flooded and that is where the Gibson Showcase is, I am not sure the flood would be high enough to reach guitars there.

Not far form there is Massman drive and I would guess a low area but not necessarily would flood.

My office was closed today and we had a dry day so things are much better.

Part of Nashville downtown was under water, I am sure Gruhn guitars have taken their inventory to the higher levels of the building.

Yes the Gibson Nashville Plant is flooded. There is some product lost and production will be delayed for at least 2 weeks. There was not the amount of product lost as suggested, but we will know more in several days.

We are optimistic about getting back to producing and making up the shortfall. We have truly great people here.

Custom division, Epiphone, Montana and several other divisions were not impacted.

Henry Juszkiewicz

CEO

from MLP

Nashville is experiencing extreme flooding so I wouldn't be surprised. The Grand Ol' Opry house and hotel are both flooded.

The GOO or Ryman Auditorium (old venue for the GOO).

I've seen floods and witnessed a few, but have never seen so many cars under water at one time. It's as if Nashvillieians were caught off guard. Was this a flash flood?

In some cases, yes Tommy. The debacle on I 24 was likely a product of snarled traffic that had got caught in the rising waters.

The Gibson plant on Massman Drive is very near a large creek. I'll bet it's flooded.

"Some say the end is near.

Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.

I certainly hope we will.

I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid ****, silly ****, stupid ****.

One great big festering neon distraction,

I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim."

I've seen floods and witnessed a few' date=' but have never seen so many cars under water at one time. It's as if Nashvillieians were caught off guard. Was this a flash flood?[/quote']

It was, picture this, you are driving on the interstate, an underpass becomes flooded, you have to stop and so does everybody else, no way back, forward or a way to turnaround, a creek overflows and you and your car are floating.

There were more than 15 inches of rain in a lot of places, it was just too much. On top of that Nashville has hills and water will concentrate in spots and gain momentum quickly coming over the road.

There is a small creek 2 miles from my house, usually sits about 15 feet below the bridge, on Saturday it was all the way up and got above the street.

Last similar flood was in 1984 since then a lot of construction has happened so you can't go by previous ocurrences.

Henry J. himself stopped by the MLP yesterday, and posted this:

"Yes the Gibson Nashville Plant is flooded. There is some product lost and production will be delayed for at least 2 weeks. There was not the amount of product lost as suggested, but we will know more in several days.

We are optimistic about getting back to producing and making up the shortfall. We have truly great people here.

Custom division, Epiphone, Montana and several other divisions were not impacted.

Henry Juszkiewicz

CEO"

He also sent this email to one of the mods:

"Henry E. Juszkiewicz May 4 at 9:35am

I left a post on the Les Paul Forum in reply to your link.

The Nashville USA (i.e. Les Paul plant) is under 3 feet of water. We expect that we will have a minimum of two weeks of shut down, but will not be able to access the damage until the water recedes.

The water has crested and is expected to start receding today.

We will be back stronger than ever, but it will be challenging for several weeks.

Our main concern is the Gibson families who experienced personal losses. So far 30 families are known to have devastating personal losses. We will try to help them get back to normal. Good news is that there is no loss of life or serious injury that we know of.

Thank you for you kind thoughts.

Best

Henry"

Henry J. himself stopped by the MLP yesterday' date=' and posted this:

[i']"Yes the Gibson Nashville Plant is flooded. There is some product lost and production will be delayed for at least 2 weeks. There was not the amount of product lost as suggested, but we will know more in several days.

Henry Juszkiewicz

CEO"[/i]

Actually it was a body double...[crying]

No Gibson s on high ground my dad is there now said only downtown is flooded. BB. Kings and The grand oprey are having flooding but no Gibson thank god for high ground
Yes, the Gibson factory was indeed flooded (was already confirmed earlier by Henry J. (Gibsons CEO)). As far as I know, the Custom Shop was the only place that wasn't affected.

Archived