Gibson Brands Forums

"I got a feeling" - That I'm going to be sick

Artie Owl

Well back to the topic at hand...i think i would be interesting to do a study of Pop music lovers to find out what is important in music to them...(Not to say all pop music is bad - i have my favs!)

That's the thing - a majority of people don't know what's important in music. And they don't care.

I'm with them. Good songs are good songs, I don't care how it was made or who it was made by. I don't own a copy of "I Gotta Feeling," but I've heard it and it's a pretty good song.

The reason the newer songs that y'all don't like are topping download lists? Because they appeal to younger people who are more likely to download them. People are waiting for The Beatles on iTunes, but how much will it really sell? Everyone who wants those records already has the CDs, cassettes, eight-tracks, or vinyl.

That don't mean much since "most downloaded song of ALL TIME".. .. "ALL TIME" goes back' date=' what? 2 years?

Next question are all those 'downloads' paid for?[/quote']

The record this article is referring to is specific to the iTunes Store. Over 5 million (paid) downloads from that one distributor.

The iTunes Store launched in 2003, also.

Thought she looked pretty hot in the Imma Be vid, but usually I like my girls more feminine. Kate Beckinsale is a goddess.

Edit: By the way, if anything at least have tunes like that for when you have girls in the car. Crap like that is pure gold for girls grinding on your crotch on the dance floor.

so the average big customer for the itunes is probably 14 years old and confused about there own gender let alone Fergie's and I agree she looks like a post-op Transexual. they have some good hooks in the music and it's exactly what's popular with the tween today. kind of like GaGa.

You want to be sick wrap your mind around the fact that the number one artist for the 2000-2010 decade was Eminem#-o

You want to be sick wrap your mind around the fact that the number one artist for the 2000-2010 decade was Eminem#-o

They get sports, we get rap. I think we got the shaft on that one.

Edit: By the way' date=' if anything at least have tunes like that for when you have girls in the car. Crap like that is pure gold for girls grinding on your crotch on the dance floor.[/quote']

I will remember that after my divorce.......FTR....yes, Kate Beckinsdale is a goddess.

What do you expect, Oprah debuted it on her show so every Soda Pop commercial, sporting event, and Wedding DJ is gonna use it. I bet DJ's account for a huge percentage of those downloads. If they were that popular among the masses they'd be bootlegged.

Yeah, Fergie's got a lovely body but she's got a wicked awful case of man-face. For the record, I still find her attractive, although less so from the neck up.

Likewise I'm in the camp that thinks that they've made some plenty catchy songs that I've heard maybe two or three of, and maybe each of them about twice, tops. I like what I've heard in the sense that I don't hate it, but I've never been very taken by any of it, and I'll admit that "Boom Boom Pow" and "Pump It," while they're kind of neat songs, they're also pretty stupid. I guess that's what works for them--I don't really believe (unlike my brother) that the majority of people in the world are particularly stupid (and in fact I think the Peas are all reasonably smart folks,) but I think that, in music and the arts, stupidity tends to work in ways that subtlety can't.

Archived