Gibson Brands Forums

Strap recommendations?

GibsonLP1960V3

I've also got a racing strip one (white with black line), their comfortable because their quite thick, I think there really really well made and strong. You won't be disappointed. You get a hand made strap for a pretty good price.

Great! I am going to order atleast three. The shipping costs look pretty fair via UPS as well. Do you use strap locks or do they hold up okay without?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutley swear by these straps, and are my personal favorite for any gutiar....made with real memory foam, and suade leather, its the the most comfortable strap I have ever worn, and seen.. BETTY GUITAR STRAPS!!! http://www.monocase.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=8&idproduct=42 Everyone i have shown mine to (i have smoke) has immediately gone out and bought one...Check em out guys and i bet you wont be dissapointed. [thumbup]

gs1_group_400px.jpg

Has anyone else besides myself, tried one of these? I have never had a more comfortable strap..( has a hidden pick pocket too witch is nice) Very affordable, and made of great quality matierals..I'm about to order my second for my LP Deluxe..

I don't use strap locks with my burns marvin guitar but my bassist does with her Fender p-bass. because their longer straps than usual, it really makes it easier to get on and off. Hope you like them as much as me.

My son picked the one he wants out tonight. I need to stop humming and hawing and choose one more. Can't wait! [drool]

Has anyone else besides myself, tried one of these? I have never had a more comfortable strap..( has a hidden pick pocket too witch is nice) Very affordable, and made of great quality matierals..I'm about to order my second for my LP Deluxe..

I just ordered one, looks nice and comfy and doesnt cost me a squire!

You'll be surprised how long the straps BG, I'm 6'2 and always have trouble with guitar straps, just ease of getting them on and off at gigs, because it's a foot (or half a foot i can't remember) longer. I no longer bang me' head when i take um off halfway through a gig. :) I wish i ordered more, They came in 5 days to the uk, included a pretty retro flyer and a sticker.

You'll be surprised how long the straps BG, I'm 6'2 and always have trouble with guitar straps, just ease of getting them on and off at gigs, because it's a foot (or half a foot i can't remember) longer. I no longer bang me' head when i take um off halfway through a gig. :) I wish i ordered more, They came in 5 days to the uk, included a pretty retro flyer and a sticker.

The length is important as one is for my son (he wants the Dark Red 80's Mercedes Guitar Strap) as he is 14 and already 6' 1" and growing. I am getting the Vintage Black Cadillac Hard-Top Racer X Guitar Strap and I want to chose one more. Either a Dead Dtock Flowers or the Mustang Trunk Liner. Going to place the order next week. [thumbup]

Nice! what color you get? I got the smoke one for right now, but am gonna order that vanilla one in the near future. Your gonna dig that strap dude! [thumbup]

Steel grey.

My sis choosed it...she wanted me to get one that would get the least dirty. [lol]

• 2 weeks later...

One more question for you PESIMAX, I notice there is a pass through buckle and 3 rivets where the strap tab slot for strap pin at the bottom of the guitar body. Does the buckle or the rivets make contact with the guitar body? Do they cause any damage to the guitar?

One more question for you PESIMAX, I notice there is a pass through buckle and 3 rivets where the strap tab slot for strap pin at the bottom of the guitar body. Does the buckle or the rivets make contact with the guitar body? Do they cause any damage to the guitar?

Hey, good question, I've just had a look (I use them on an old Burns marvin and a 64' rickenbacker 364) and the rivets are quite high, they miss my guitar completely. When i wear it they don't make contact and a couple of months i've had the straps their hasn't been any damage caused by the strap.

cheers

G

Hey, good question, I've just had a look (I use them on an old Burns marvin and a 64' rickenbacker 364) and the rivets are quite high, they miss my guitar completely. When i wear it they don't make contact and a couple of months i've had the straps their hasn't been any damage caused by the strap.

cheers

G

Great. Thanks for the post PESIMAX [thumbup] !!

A little late, getting in here...but I recently bought a 3 1/4" (wide) Levi (Black) Neoprene strap,

model #PM48NP3BLK. VERY comfortable, and takes the weight off my LP Custom and '76 LP Deluxe,

which are both Anvils, weight wise. Really enjoying the weight relief. I think it might be

considered a "bass" strap, but it works really well, so "who cares?!" ;>)

CB

Archived