Gibson Brands Forums

Places You'll Never Go Back to Willingly

Artie Owl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask ANYBODY over 30 if they wish they could be back in high school.

It only gets worse from there on out - 'cept you are finally in control of your own destiny - somewhat...

AMEN.....

and my vote is for the Connecticut highways... never had such aggravation on the roads as anytime I've travelled through there... and thats saying something considering I deal with jersey roads every day

High school must have changed allot since I was in school I'd do high school and/or college again all the young attractive girls, parties, sports and hardly any responsibilities other than gas, guitars, condoms and my surfboard you bet.

As far as places I never want to see again Thailand and El Salvador are both high on the list for me

I was in St John working on a project at Point LePreau Nuclear Power Station back in February getting the Metrology Lab in working order...... It was friggin cold[blink] .......... It was -20 C......................

A certain dentist in Falkirk (my home-town).

As she prepared to inflict severe pain on my person she actually took off her glasses. Perhaps because she knew she would faint at the sight of all the blood that would soon be making an appearance.

(I'm guessing that I'll be in the minority here but I absolutely loved going to school. In thirteen years I never missed a day except through illness. I was fortunate that my teachers, almost without exception, were the type to make their pupils interested in their lessons. Also my year's classmates were a great bunch of guys'n'gals - I still meet up with quite a few of them when I get back to Scotland.)

The views on High School are interesting to say the least.

I had a great time in school. I hated to see it end.

Girls love guitar players and football players.......... and if you're both well.......

Add in a group of friends that for 4 years were the funniest guys I've ever been around and it was a blast.

Ahhh the stories we tell to this day.

I knew college would be cool but different. It came with a little more responsibility. Guess that's cause I was paying the bill.

Oh and as far as place I wouldn't go back to thats easy the hospital. 14 yrs ago was in for an illness and hated the freakin place so bad.

Divan du Monde nightclub in Paris. They really hate Americans there. And this was pre-9/11.

Nah. That's just Parisiennes for you. They hate everyone, including the rest of the French.

Mind you, the rest of the French hate Parisiennes back, so it's seems fair.

I'm not going back in the OR for any more open heart surgery unless I'm just about croaked.

You have nine tubes coming out of you, and they pull a couple out every day. Day two they pull out the three drainage tubes - ouch. [cool]

Ontario, CA.

Nothing but suburban sprawl for miles and miles, a crappy convention center with a hotel that closes down at 7pm, nothing but chain restaurants, and everything is miles from everything else. Was on a business trip and did not have a car so 90% of the time we were stranded. Even hit a strip club* and that sucked. Tried a dance club and it was the poster of lame. How do you dance to slowass West Coast hip hop?

*I use that term loosely. I don't call girls in bikinis much of a strip club.

When I went to AC/DC I expected it to be nuts, both in the concert and the getting to/from. It was. It was also very poorly managed by the city of Moncton who has these giant concerts there every year and they refuse to build the infrastructure to handle the people that flock there. Aside from a three lane TransCanada highway being shut down to one lane, and parking basically thrown to the wolves, the most shocking thing was at the end of the night, myself, my girlfriend and one of my best friends were tired, exhausted and hot (mid august here gets pretty warm) and sitting on the school bus that was supposed to shuttle us back to my car (which was parked in a field somewhere, I seriously took a photo of it because I was half convinced it was the last time I'd ever see her.)

The Bus, however could not move, because the Moncton "Cops" blocked off all the roads and were completly dumbstruck on what to do with the traffic.

After an hour of sitting on this bus tired, hungry and impatient (it's almost 1am at this point) a drunk guy sitting behind us on the bus springs up, slurring "I gotttaa giit offff tha busss" and ran to the front of the bus, took two steps off, and passed out slamming face first into the pavement.

Some guy next to him "woo-ed" and threw up the horns signaling how "metal" that just was.

Well, someone called 911, 911 told them they were on their own as there was NO WAY an ambulance was going to get to him anytime soon.

So passers by saw 4 "cops" at the top of the hill, the ones blocking our partiular route out of there.

4 "cops" came down, stood around this poor guy staring at him, none of them touched him;

"I didn't bring gloves"

"I haven't done any First aid training"

"I'm not touching him"

"Uhh.."

It finally took a passerby from the concert to get on our bus, take off the medkit and patch up the bleeding drunk.

We actually got off the bus, and walked back to my car in the field hoping we were going the right way and then I spent the next 45 minutes trying to evade police blockades. We got back to our hotel after about 2 hours. On a clear day the drive would have taken about 20 minutes.

Seriously, screw you Moncton.

I see you're in my hell too. [crying]

I've been to West Trenton and Camden...hell might be a step up.

Had to go into the projects in Newark (Stella Wright?) for work once.

Never ever going within 10 miles of there again.[blink]

Never ever going within 10 miles of there again.[crying]

I ride the train through Camden everyday, it's very much the armpit of the state.

Hey...I live near Oakland' date=' CA....if California needed an enema, they'd put the hose right in Oakland![/quote']

I been to Oakland once, if I had to choose the worse I would still pick Camden.

Flew to the UK from Houston, TX - changed planes in Newark NJ.

Looking out the window when we landed - gray, miserable, nasty, urban-decay sh!thole.

Looked the same when we took off.

Figured most airports are like that anyway, not in the nicest part of town.

Flew back from the UK one month later - got bumped on our flight from Newark to Houston.

Decided to take the latest flight out, kill an afternoon, and take a taxi into Manhattan.

At least Manhattan is a little nicer than Newark, but not by far in my estimation.

First time in my life that Houston actually looked good to me - and that's saying something...

The views on High School are interesting to say the least.

I had a great time in school. I hated to see it end.

Well' date=' good for you.

Girls love guitar players and football players.......... and if you're both well.......

Add in a group of friends that for 4 years were the funniest guys I've ever been around and it was a blast.

Ahhh the stories we tell to this day.

Yeah, well, do you remember any of those "losers" who you never bothered to talk to? The ones who, in fact, you and your awesome friends singled out and systematically alienated for those same four years? Do you think it was fun for them?

I knew college would be cool but different. It came with a little more responsibility. Guess that's cause I was paying the bill.

Well' date=' don't worry about that. That hasn't changed. The only thing that's really changed is the cost--it's gotten rather expensive, I hope you know that.

Oh and as far as place I wouldn't go back to thats easy the hospital. 14 yrs ago was in for an illness and hated the freakin place so bad.

Well, I have sympathy with you on that--hospital visits tend to be pretty bad. I've been in the hospital a few times myself--the worst was after being hit by a car. I blacked out, ended up with a deep, painful laceration on my head, and serious emotional trauma. The thing that makes high school worse for me than the hospital is that in the hospital people at least cared that I got hit by a car. When I got back to school, nobody seemed to really notice that I had been out of school for two days.

About a year later someone else got hit by a car--he didn't get much more than a bruise, wasn't out of school for a single day, and yet people seemed to pile attention on him.

This isn't really an affront on you, man. You just kind of struck a nerve here.

Flew to the UK from Houston' date=' TX - changed planes in Newark NJ.

Looking out the window when we landed - gray, miserable, nasty, urban-decay sh!thole.

Looked the same when we took off.

Figured most airports are like that anyway, not in the nicest part of town.

Flew back from the UK one month later - got bumped on our flight from Newark to Houston.

Decided to take the latest flight out, kill an afternoon, and take a taxi into Manhattan.

At least Manhattan is a little nicer than Newark, but not by far in my estimation.

First time in my life that Houston actually looked good to me - and [i']that's[/i] saying something...

Newark is the left armpit of Jersey.

Never ever going within 10 miles of there again.[blink]

My older 2 sons went to Rutgers U. in Camden for 1 semester.

smiley-shocked.gif

A couple of weeks into the semester the oldest guy's car broke down...

My side of the conversation was "YOU WANT TO BORROW MY WHAT and TAKE IT WHERE????? Are you out of your

#$%$ing MIND??????"

By the way.. SweetMarie.. You'll be pleased to know that the Stella Wright projects were demolished a while ago..

Archived