Gibson Brands Forums

Places You'll Never Go Back to Willingly

Artie Owl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really???

Oh ya...Im not big on any place that relies on tourism pretty much for 100% of its survival.

They milk you for everything, dont want you there, and if you go off the beaten path theres a good

chance youll get mugged......If I crave the ocean & sun ill go to Florida.

My older 2 sons went to Rutgers U. in Camden for 1 semester.

smiley-shocked.gif

A couple of weeks into the semester the oldest guy's car broke down...

My side of the conversation was "YOU WANT TO BORROW MY WHAT and TAKE IT WHERE????? Are you out of your

#$%$ing MIND??????"

By the way.. SweetMarie.. You'll be pleased to know that the Stella Wright projects were demolished a while ago..

Wasn't Riverfront State Prison near that campus? The best part of Camden...NOT!!!!

Stella Wright was like something out of a dystopian sci-fi movie - empty elevator shafts' date=' graffitti covering the sh!t on the walls, plumbing ripped out of apartments with people still living there, junkies on the nod in the stairwells.

No hope in sight...not even a glimmer. And I was only there for about 90 minutes...

Glad to hear it's gone - it was a soul crusher. [biggrin

I have never been to Mexico and I never will go there. I have a completely irrational hatred of that place, it. Is. horrible! Everything that I would want to do in Mexico I can do some where else in the world. WITH OUT BEING IN MEXICO!

I have never been to Mexico and I never will go there. I have a completely irrational hatred of that place' date=' it. Is. horrible! Everything that I would want to do in Mexico I can do some where else in the world. WITH OUT BEING IN MEXICO![/quote']

Mexico is going through some ugly times right now...but I really enjoyed many parts of Mexico in past years.......

Yep I'd have to agree on the hospital - When I posted Thailand and El-Salvador I thought we were talking about physical locations like cities or countries.

But I'd agree that hospitals really do suck bad, even really nice ones. I was in and out of the hospital (mostly in) for about 16 months in the late 80's after a drunk driver took me off the top of a motorcycle, they did 30+ surgeries before i got out so I'd have to agree that's not one of the best places I've ever been, guess it beat the hell out of the actual accident though. It was a very nice hospital and I had a great private room because of the level of trauma and length of stay but still rough.

The jerk that hit me actually got out of jail about two months before I got out of the hospital but it was actually amazing he went to jail at all back then the laws against DUI hadn't been strengthened like now. He probably would not have gone to jail at all if I would not have been in uniform.

Archived