Gibson Brands Forums

Slash.

Thundergod

I'm not convinced...the new album is weak imo...and I was never a Guns & Roses fan either....

So where's the 'overated' option?

Let the abuse begin.......[cool]

No abuse, you are just probably young and where not there when GnR came out.

Frankly Slash is everywhere nowadays and that is abit annoying, I always thought he was a great guitar player but he is not a virtuoso by any means.

Gibson Les Paul into Marshall stacks and chops to boot. he is alright on my book.

I'm not convinced...the new album is weak imo...and I was never a Guns & Roses fan either....

So where's the 'overated' option?

Let the abuse begin.......[cool]

Don't feel bad...I'm almost 30 and I don't get it either. Age has nothing to do with it. If you have ears, you can listen and have an opinion says I.

Frankly Slash is everywhere nowadays and that is abit annoying, I always thought he was a great guitar player but he is not a virtuoso by any means.

Gibson Les Paul into Marshall stacks and chops to boot. he is alright on my book.

+1 for that. I saw the Custom Shop afd on line yesterday, like $6,500.00 imho that's just crazy. I tryed the USA afd last week and it was ok. the neck was about the same as my ebony R0. the pups were alittle more mellow than BB's. nice top on it, and for $2800.00 it's still hanging on the wall.

Cookie do you realize this could turn really fast into an Ace vs Slash fight? [lol]

Last thing we need right now is for some really pissed off Ace fans to come looking for a fight 'cause you mentioned Paul as the best thing ever :)

I am a big fan of Slash's playing. One of my earliest influences that I never grew out of or grew tired of. I love his tone. Great note selection. And tasty phrasing. He and Izzy were a killer combo. Right up there with Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore.

All of you haters can puke on him all you want and frankly I don't blame you if its for the over exposure. Won't change my opinion one bit.

Not sure I get the joke. I see more people making fun of the so called "Fanboys" than I do actual "Fanboy Threads". I think it's time to make fun of the fun makers.

Anyway, as far as Slash goes, I never gave him a second thought until I saw Queen + Paul Rodgers at the Hollywood Bowl. When it came time tp perform Bad Companies "Can't Get Enough" they invited Slash out for a Guest Appearance. Slash ans Brian May playing the twin harmony lead to that tune was Stellar. Slash nailed it. It was then that I realized he could be more than Axls side man.

I always thought he was a great guitar player but he is not a virtuoso by any means.

Gibson Les Paul into Marshall stacks and chops to boot.

Agreed 100%.

He's alright on my book too.

AFD was a great album' date=' it was downhill from there.

He's done some good solo stuff - Snakepit and such.

Looking to buy the new cd.

I tried the USA AFD last week too - seems the neck was indeed pretty slim, which suits my taste.

Plays/sounds great, nice top on it, and for $2,800 the price ain't bad.

Seen the Pearly Gates prices?

[b']WTF?[/b]

Well...you know, Slash is pretty awesome, really, with his hands. He knows how to work a guitar.

I like GNR, but I guess I've just never loved GNR and I don't really think I could. They're all competent musicians and everything. I suppose I just never understood how one man could be as self-indulgent and obnoxious on stage as Axl Rose. Somewhere at the junction between Marc Bolan and G.G. Allin lies Axl Rose, and he either really loves himself or really hates himself.

One more thing: I can't listen to Axl's performance on "November Rain." He sounds like an old lady on it. Slash just rips on it, though. I guess one thing that makes Slash an interesting player is that he can carry a performance when everything else has gone to sh!t.

Not sure I get the joke. I see more people making fun of the so called "Fanboys" than I do actual "Fanboy Threads". I think it's time to make fun of the fun makers.

Anyway' date=' as far as Slash goes, I never gave him a second thought until I saw Queen + Paul Rodgers at the Hollywood Bowl. When it came time tp perform Bad Companies "Can't Get Enough" they invited Slash out for a Guest Appearance. Slash ans Brian May playing the twin harmony lead to that tune was Stellar. Slash nailed it. It was then that I realized he could be more than Axls side man.[/quote']

Cmon thats not a hard solo to nail. Its a goodun but not by any means a toughie.

Archived